Anyone need a good pistol at a dang good price?

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
76BFC248-61E4-4E00-9B51-BAE02DAB4809.jpeg

utvolsfan77

@Specializedjon and @knightrider , 40 years ago, Taurus mainly imported revolvers and they were ridiculed in everything else they made. Just over three years ago, I bought three Taurus G2C's at the Rural King in Morristown, Tennessee. At the time of the purchase, they were on sale and also came with a $25 manufacturer's rebate, making final cost around $157 each.

Two were given to my brother and his wife as gifts and the final one was kept for myself. That little Taurus has had nearly 1,000 rounds put through it since then, and I have not yet had a single malfunction of ANY type with it. Not one single failure to chamber, fire, extract, or eject. I sure wish I could say that about all of my firearms.

I have other pistols made by Smith & Wesson, Springfield, Rock Island and others, but they are all chambered in .45 ACP except for one FNH in 9mm. This little compact Taurus has held its own against much better known and more expensive handguns. Plus I 'guaranfreakintee' you that it is a hell of a lot easier to conceal than my Glock 21.

Bottom line is that Taurus pistols are not the junk that they were 40 years ago!

Last edited:

utvolsfan77

I stand corrected. I shouldn't be so quick to judge.

It's all good. Just pointing out that Taurus is no longer the junk everyone previously believed it to be. Same thing could be said about Savage rifles. 40 years ago they were the ugly duckling that no one wanted to dance with at the high school prom - they were ugly as hell! But Savage rifles have always been highly accurate. The brand has seen a lot of design changes and improvement over the past 20 years or so.

Specializedjon

Totally agree about Savage. They make a nice rifle. I had a Taurus back in the early 90's when I was a poor military man and it rattled, jammed, etc. Looked cool, just wouldn't trust it with my life. I'll give'em another chance. Looks like they're turning out good stuff.

Did you get approval for that avatar change mister? 🤣 Who's that young, dashing soldier?

utvolsfan77

Did you get approval for that avatar change mister? 🤣 Who's that young, dashing soldier?

Jon, that photo was taken in Jonesborough, Tennessee on September 28, 2007, when I got married.........for the third time. All of you guys know how hard military life was on young families, and my first two marriages of 14 and 10 years, respectively, were casualties of that life. My better half and I will celebrate 15 years here in a few months.

Last edited:

cbhunter

Jon, that photo was taken in Jonesborough, Tennessee on September 28, 2007, when I got married.........for the third time. All of you guys know how hard military life was on young families, and my first two marriages of 14 and 10 years respectively were casualties of that life. My better half and I will celebrate 15 years here in a few months.
Married ok my 27th birthday! Congrats to both of you

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Jon, that photo was taken in Jonesborough, Tennessee on September 28, 2007, when I got married.........for the third time. All of you guys know how hard military life was on young families, and my first two marriages of 14 and 10 years respectively were casualties of that life. My better half and I will celebrate 15 years here in a few months.
Two things I don't remember hanging from your shoulder…. One is infantry? The other?

Specializedjon

I'm right there with you brother. Took me a few as well. Congrats to you and your bride. Great picture! Did you save any medals for the rest of the soldiers? 😂 holy smokes, looks like you've seen a few things.

Thanks for your service sir.

utvolsfan77

Never heard of that one, what is the reason?
Originally, it was awarded by the French government to the U.S. Army's 3rd Infantry Division for actions during World War I, then for further actions during World War II. What you have to understand is that roughly half of my 24+ years on active duty was with that particular unit, both overseas in Germany and here stateside.

LanceS4803

Regarding Taurus QC, a co-worker was a firearms examiner at the DoD crime lab in GA. As such, he traveled to all the major manufacturers to get training and observe their manufacturing processes.
He carried a Taurus.
He said their QC was far beyond others.
Now, this was a while ago, and things can change.

Latest posts