anyone have a 17 hmr

pseshooter300

Anyone have a 17 hmr? Was at the local gun shop and there was a variety of different 17's there? There was two that caught my eye. One was a CZ don't remember model # was a wood stock good looking gun. And the other was a laminated wood stock savage. Anyone have one?

BigD_625

I had a Marlin 917V. It was an amazing out-of-the-box shooter. I could knock the cap off of a bottle at 100 yards very consistently. When I first got it, shells were $7 per 50. When they started making 22 wmr ballistic tips and the 17 shell price doubled, I sold my 17. I haven't missed it. :)

Rubberduck270

I've got a stainless varmint barreled Savage with laminate thumbhole stock. Ammo is a little pricey but she's a tack driver. It's killed several garden eating rabbits and a few unwelcomed opossums.

Rockhound

Seems the places that have the wsm ammo are $1 a box higher than hmr I've finally got a box on the way for my wsm should be here this week and I can give a report

Beekeeper

I have a marlin. I can find ammo for it easier than I can find ammo for my 22 mag. The price is about the same for both. The accuracy of the .17 seems to be a touch better than the .22 but the .22 is sending a heavier slug downrange.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have a marlin and man has a savage.
Both are scary accurate.

Can't wait to take some tree rat heads off with it this year. :D

Ammo is 1000 x easier to get than .22 lr anymore.

Glad I bought it when I did and I have PLENTY of ammo for them.

Tikkabuck

I have the CZ,worth every penny. The saftey takes some getting used to. I had a Mossberg,didn't care for it,I actually was after a Marlin when I bought this one,but once I picked up the CZ there was no turning back.LOL

Rubberduck270

Mine has been accurate will all that I've tried, CCI TNTs, Hornady VMax and CCI FMJ but I did see a POI change when I went from the TNTs to the FMJs. I think the FMJs were heavier and they hit a little lower. No noticeable change going from brand to brand with 17 gr. bullets though.

Rockhound

Rubberduck270 said:
Mine has been accurate will all that I've tried, CCI TNTs, Hornady VMax and CCI FMJ but I did see a POI change when I went from the TNTs to the FMJs. I think the FMJs were heavier and they hit a little lower. No noticeable change going from brand to brand with 17 gr. bullets though.

X2 my marlin likes em all

Latest posts