Anyone got a chance?

PillsburyDoughboy

Not sure why the Coaches Poll Above cut off #1 and #2. Seems it would not let me go back and edit it for number of characters.

Mescalero

Alabama 2011 and 2012. Roll Tide!!!
Been two years now. Already starting to live in the past.

Bama was the best team in 2012, but had there been NIL in 2010 then 12-0 Ohio State would not have been on a one year postseason ban for players getting $1500 worth of tattoos. Under the BCS, it would have been Ohio State (not one loss Bama) playing ND for the title.

Winning a national championship is very difficult and in some years luck also plays a role as in 2012.

PillsburyDoughboy

I don't think anyone can beat Georgia's best game…. But I think anyone else's best game can easily beat Georgia's bad day.

The more I watch them, the more I respect Kirby Smart

Anyways, I think the top 8 would have a good chance
Georgia has had a few bad days for sure. People want to forget that a high school team from Missouri was leading the game for 3.75 Quarters and Georgia pulled out a rabbits foot out of their rears to win that one. They only hung 16 points on KY. Not exactly setting the world on fire there. So yea they have had their slip showing a few times this season.

prstide

Been two years now. Already starting to live in the past.

Bama was the best team in 2012, but had there been NIL in 2010 then 12-0 Ohio State would not have been on a one year postseason ban for players getting $1500 worth of tattoos. Under the BCS, it would have been Ohio State (not one loss Bama) playing ND for the title.

Winning a national championship is very difficult and in some years luck also plays a role as in 2012.
Not following what you're saying. Was just commenting that Alabama was the only team to have gone back to back in the last 23 years.
Is this what your comment about living in the past means? :
"Bama was the best team in 2012, but had there been NIL in 2010 then 12-0 Ohio State would not have been on a one year postseason ban for players getting $1500 worth of tattoos.Under the BCS, it would have been Ohio State (not one loss Bama) playing ND for the title."

Maybe if the Big10 teams played anyone outside their $hitty conference it would save y'all a whole bunch of heart break most years.
A Big10 team has claimed the crown exactly TWO times since the BCS/CFP was put into place in 1998. Yall weak!😂😂

Mescalero

Not following what you're saying. Was just commenting that Alabama was the only team to have gone back to back in the last 23 years.
Is this what your comment about living in the past means? :
"Bama was the best team in 2012, but had there been NIL in 2010 then 12-0 Ohio State would not have been on a one year postseason ban for players getting $1500 worth of tattoos.Under the BCS, it would have been Ohio State (not one loss Bama) playing ND for the title."

Maybe if the Big10 teams played anyone outside their $hitty conference it would save y'all a whole bunch of heart break most years.
A Big10 team has claimed the crown exactly TWO times since the BCS/CFP was put into place in 1998. Yall weak!😂😂
Not surprised you don't follow.

Couldn't care less about other Big Ten teams.

Puffing your chest out after beating Austin Peay. Are you proud? Congrats winning your annual chicken$;&! Saturday game, but only 34-0? Come on.

Tick tock. Winter is coming. You won't follow that either.

prstide

Not surprised you don't follow.

Couldn't care less about other Big Ten teams.

Puffing your chest out after beating Austin Peay. Are you proud? Congrats winning your annual chicken$;&! Saturday game, but only 34-0? Come on.

Tick tock. Winter is coming. You won't follow that either.
Where did I ever comment about Austin Peay?
Enjoy your one game season Saturday, against another garbage opponent propped up by an undefeated record, and hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!!
big cat milk GIF by Barstool Sports

Mescalero

Propping up? That's funny. We'll come back to that in a minute.

I'm curious to know the genesis of your Alabama fandom. Are you an Alabama grad? Is it blood and soil? Or are you just another bandwagon fan?

Now, back to the subject of propping up, which you brought up. As Rece Davis said on Tuesday's made for TV rankings show (he's an Alabama grad), Alabama is 4 points from having no losses, but 5 points from having 4 losses, who's being propped up by "The Committee" exactly? LSU and Alabama at 5 and 7 respectively, but Tennessee who beat them both (and blew out LSU in BR) and also with two losses is ranked #10. LSU and Alabama move up after their chicken$&;! Saturday wins over FCS opponents. But the icing on the cake is 7-4 Texas back in the top 25. I ask again. Who exactly is being propped up?

Oh I forgot. Winter is coming.

Last edited:

prstide

Propping up? That's funny. We'll come back to that in a minute.

I'm curious to know the genesis of your Alabama fandom. Are you an Alabama grad? Is it blood and soil? Or are you just another bandwagon fan?

Now, back to the subject of propping up, which you brought up. As Rece Davis said on Tuesday's made for TV rankings show (he's an Alabama grad), Alabama is 4 points from having no losses, but 5 points from having 4 losses, who's being propped up by "The Committee" exactly? LSU and Alabama at 5 and 7 respectively, but Tennessee who beat them both (and blew out LSU in BR) and also with two losses is ranked #10. LSU and Alabama move up after their chicken$&;! Saturday wins over FCS opponents. But the icing on the cake is 7-4 Texas back in the top 25. I ask again. Who exactly is being propped up?

Oh I forgot. Winter is coming.
I've told the story in past threads, you can look it back up through my post history, my
Mother went to Alabama.
I was just raised right. My fanship has never waivered since I was a young child despite splitting the majority of my raising in Georgia and Tennessee and catching hell for being an Alabama fan. There is no band wagon in me.
We've had 8 season tickets since 2006 and I've been going to games my entire life(including 6 National Championships). How many other people you know that have done that Buckeye? Not you because Ohio St likely hasn't even competed for 6 in your entire lifetime.
Now back to being propped up, Michigan sucks and there is no questioning that. Prove me wrong with their strength of schedule and the way they've struggled against who they've played.
The Big10 catches lightning in a bottle one year out of every 10 or so, mainly when the SEC bludgeons itself out of contention.
Big10 sucks, Michigan sucks, and Ohio St is a hair better but will still get that @ss whipped come playoff time when they actually have to play a decent team outside their conference.

PalsPal

Georgia really didn't have to play to prove anything when they beat Kentucky. They didn't need "style points" or to pull off a convincing win. They just needed to win and not risk injuries in doing so. They got the job done.

Exactly. Kirby knows he has a defense that can control a game.

Once he gets up, he just plays field position and controls the clock while limiting the chance for a turnover etc.

Latest posts