Anyone ever bring water to attract deer

SALTMAN

I have used a variety of artificial water holes over the years , including the plastic kiddie pools. Keep your eyes open and you can usually find one alongside the interstate ! Have used other plastics also as well as digging a hole with the frontend loader and lining with the rubber lineers they use on commercial roofs. All were used by the deer especially during hot times. No mud either so no dead deer .

BSK

de novo said:
I didn't use a subjective term to describe hunters. Some would argue that a "truly good" hunter may have his own TV show and others would think that makes him full of crap.

Perhaps there are some good hunters with TV shows. However, the hunters I know who have TV shows are not particularly good hunters. They have the successes they do because of the situations they are hunting. Put an average hunter in the same situation and they would have the same level of success.

JCDEERMAN

de novo said:
Anyone bother to put any livestock algae or mosquito treatments in their water pools?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... atid=16385

We have a small goldfish pond next to our padio. I get these things at Lowes called Mosquito Dunks. Kills larva and doesn't hurt the fish or anything. Haven't thought about taking some to watering holes or ponds

A

Anonymous

Oddly enough I have done the same and I once had a doe lick the bush I had just soaked down.

A

Anonymous

H2O. I guess she was browsing and got a bit more than she bargained for. She didn't seem to mind one bit.

BSK

On a cold October morning, I watched a doe and twin fawns at the base of my stand tree eat white oak acorns that were still steaming from my piss! But then I've called in a bunch of deer by pissing from the stand.

Latest posts