anyone else?

eddie c

is anyone else just half a** ready for bow season?
with dealing with Dad in the hospital in June and now in assisted living then my wife goes in the hospital for a heart attack earlier this month, I haven't done a thing to get ready for this season.
in my mind and heart, I'm ready to get away some but as far as being physically ready, long ways off.

Stykbow

I'm so unprepared it's not even funny. For the first time in my life I haven't even bought a license yet. Pathetic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie c

Stykbow":183ekbsj said:
I'm so unprepared it's not even funny. For the first time in my life I haven't even bought a license yet. Pathetic!

sometimes life just gets in the way.

southernhunter

I ruptured a disc in my lower back around the first of June. I sold my compound earlier in the year planning to go strictly traditional but knew it was going to take a lot of practice. To say I am not prepared is a understatement. At this point not sure I'll even try to go.

southernhunter

Wobblyshot1":26w64kpz said:
Sorry to hear about your back. It sure creates a special kind of pain.
Thanks wobbly. The leg pain was horrible. God has blessed me. I am not having much pain now just some numbness in my left foot. Praying it goes away

eddie c

southernhunter":flk0f8h7 said:
I ruptured a disc in my lower back around the first of June. I sold my compound earlier in the year planning to go strictly traditional but knew it was going to take a lot of practice. To say I am not prepared is a understatement. At this point not sure I'll even try to go.

I hope you get better soon. don't push it this year and get better. hopefully the numbness will go away.

and just for the record, if you had to use a crossbow, I wont hold it against you. I'd rather you be in the woods with one than not be out there at all.

southernhunter

Thanks Eddie, I am shooting alittle in the garage 7 yards. It doesnt hurt to shoot now I just hadn't felt like getting out all the targets ect this year so I can practice at longer distances. I have thought about picking up a crossbow either way good Lord willing I'll be out there if it's with the long bow I may just be watching deer and shooting at stumps and I am cool with that.

Stykbow

Well I've finally started shooting some. I'm not shooting baseball sized groups again yet, but I'm good enough to kill a deer. I try to set up for a shot of less than 20 yards anyway, so any deer inside that is in trouble.

eddie c

FOX FIRE":2bgxtmtc said:
PPFFFT !!! in all my years of hunting Ive never been ready,

Hang in there Eddie, things will be better.

thanks. some things have gotten better, others still need some work. still didn't make it to the woods this past weekend. :bash:

Latest posts