Anyone else out in the rain?

tellico4x4

Rain has quit in Western Wayne, sun occasionally peaking thru, extremely still. Temps not falling yet. Doe, fawn & 2 coons so far. Grandson said first coons he'd ever seen while hunting, of course he wanted to whack them 🤣

WilcoKen

In shoot house. Another scrawny buck.
A89E1FD1-902A-4BB7-9914-47B6AFDE9F83.jpeg

Deck78

Just had a really good buck tagging behind a doe come by. Had the crosshairs on him, but couldn't tell his age through all the brush. He was about 100 yards away. Finally some rut action in Hickman. December 3rd 🤣 - only 3-4 weeks behind schedule.
Dude we are so far bahind in Lyles it isnt even funny. I know folks will say it isn't so but good luck explaining how we have more deer sign and sightings in the last 7 days than we have had all season combined. I ain't complaining. Our big blocks of pines are holding a lot of does right now and cruisers are moving in and out if you can see them through the thick stuff

Ski

I know folks will say it isn't so but good luck explaining how we have more deer sign and sightings in the last 7 days than we have had all season combined.

You won't get any argument from me. I run cams on 3 properties here in TN and 4 in Ohio. Nothing was normal on any of the properties this year. Way late. I'm tagged out so I went scouting the thickets yesterday and found dozens of bright fresh scrapes and several new scrapes. That stuff usually happens late October through first week of November.

ETN Deer

Anyone else out this morning? In a ground blind with my oldest son this morning. Been here since an hour before sunrise. Staying pretty dry and the rain is finally tapering off a bit. Haven't seen anything yet, but thankful for the time with my boy regardless.
Yes sir, seen six doe and a decent buck chasing. Great morning!

Hduke86

Got out in the woods about midnight last night and set the ground blind up and put the cover over the top for the rain. Got up this morning and woke up my youngest to get out in the woods. Started walking across the street and the fog was so thick we couldn't see 30 yards. Got into the woods and about 20 yards worth of sight out of the blind cause of the fog. Needless to say after looking at white air we got out and walked back home lol. Part of it this time of the year on our mountain. When it rains ITS GOING TO BE THICK FOG.

JCDEERMAN

Well I'm pissed 🤣. The deer I had my crosshairs on this morning was the deer I'm after, but I couldn't tell what deer he was at the time. I now know it was him because I checked a camera and he was pictured 4 minutes before I saw him up on the top of the ridge he came from.

He's probably the smallest antlered mature deer I've ever seen. He's a 5 pt, but his body is on steroids. He seems to be a big bully to other deer.

JCDEERMAN

Dude we are so far bahind in Lyles it isnt even funny. I know folks will say it isn't so but good luck explaining how we have more deer sign and sightings in the last 7 days than we have had all season combined. I ain't complaining. Our big blocks of pines are holding a lot of does right now and cruisers are moving in and out if you can see them through the thick stuff
Tons of sign has been made the last week or so. Big rubs popping up everywhere and scrapes are being visited often. Usually see this in the latter part of October

Latest posts