Anybody shoot a......

rukiddin

Mathews mission menace or craze??? These look like they would be perfect for bowfishing, but I don't know anyone with them. 15-70lbs draw with 17-33 adjustable draw lenth and 70-80% let-off.
Seems like these would perfectly for youngsters or even someone like me, who shoots low-poundage for bowfishing.

One dumb question: Would a 25lb draw weight with 80% let-off shoot a heavy fiberglass fish arrow with any less force than a PSE Discovery 2 set at 25lbs with 0% let-off??? I shoot the Discovery now and it has really good penetration set at 25lbs. Just wondering if the let-off would make a difference??

fasteddie

The manace is a excellent bow fishing rig. We used them alot on the boat. I think 35-40# is a tad better for bowfishing. Just my opinion. I have seen a couple ladies shoot between 25-30# with good luck

Grill-n-man

Ever thought about using a recurve to bowfish? They are great when you need that quick snap shot and are really not that hard to keep at full draw especially when shooting 45lbs and under. Also you can pick up a new or used one that is made for bowfishing or just a cheap one for a little of nothing. Me and my wife both shoot one and it is worth trying.

rukiddin

Grill-n-man said:
Ever thought about using a recurve to bowfish? They are great when you need that quick snap shot and are really not that hard to keep at full draw especially when shooting 45lbs and under. Also you can pick up a new or used one that is made for bowfishing or just a cheap one for a little of nothing. Me and my wife both shoot one and it is worth trying.

Thanks but no thanks. I currently have two PSE Discovery 2's set at 26 lbs. I have never really cared for recurves for bowfishing. I have'nt saw one yet that could even remotely compare to a compound. Especially at low poundage. My PSE's are constan't draw so they are made to snap shoot. 90% of the time I never pull them all the way back. I'm not knocking the recurves, there just not my cup of tea.

rukiddin

fasteddie said:
The manace is a excellent bow fishing rig. We used them alot on the boat. I think 35-40# is a tad better for bowfishing. Just my opinion. I have seen a couple ladies shoot between 25-30# with good luck

Thanks! I had a barracuda set at 36 lbs and my shoulders were getting sore after a night. Even though 36 aint much, you shoot 3-400 times a night, it will fatigue your arms. So far the 26 lb draw has worked out perfect. Shot hundreds of fish this year with it and with the exception of one big grass carp. I've not wished for more weight yet. I'm a numbers shooter, so I'm shooting a lot! I like the thought of the menace being able to hold back very little weight with the let-off. It would be nice on big fish a partner shot, especially when your trying to put a back-up shot in'em.