Any out there with a DXT???

megalomaniac

To begin with, I'm NOT a Matthew's fan (they are WAY overpriced for what you get)... but I held the new DXT at my bowshop today. At least the feel of it is SWEET!!! I love the short axle-to-axle length for treestands, and the bow seems MUCH lighter than the advertised 3.75 lbs (light enough for me to be willing to tote it at 12,000 ft in colorado for elk). Compared to the clunky switchback it's a tremendous improvement in ergonomics to me.

I'm kinda bothered by the 7" brace ht, though...

Anybody out there take the plunge and get one yet? If so, let me know what you think of it.

I need another bow like I need a hole in my head... but I'm actually thinking hard about buying this joker!

Blue5

Look below there are several DXT threads on here! Ive got one along with several others! They are not overpriced at all! You get what you pay for! Its the best bow Ive ever shot! I loved my Switchback but this bow blows it away! Very accurate and easy to handle! Shoot one and you will be sold!

Double Drops

It's by far the best bow I've ever shot. Just out of curiosity, tell me why you think they're way overpriced for what you get. What do you get from other bows that you don't get from Mathews?

megalomaniac

Double Drops said:
It's by far the best bow I've ever shot. Just out of curiosity, tell me why you think they're way overpriced for what you get. What do you get from other bows that you don't get from Mathews?

Nothing better about other bows over a Matthews, then again, I've never seen anything extra special about a Matthews over other bows priced 25-50% less.

I'm of the opinion that all you get for the extra price of a Matthews bow goes straight to all thier advertising/sponsorships/worthless fluff, etc.

I don't mind paying extra for something if it is a clearly superior product, and I'm of the opinion that Matthews are only as good as thier competitors, but certainly not superior.

Again, the reason I'm considering the DXT is that it happens to be a bow that appears to suit my style perfectly... short bow for the treestand hunting in the east, light enough to tote miles and miles at high elevation with no oxygen out west.

Double drops, why is it the best bow you've ever shot? Quieter? More forgiving? Smoother draw? Positive draw stop? Less recoil? Longer string wear? Fewer mechanical issues?

That's the stuff I'm wondering from someone who has flung a few thousand arrows with one.

Double Drops

megalomaniac said:
Double Drops said:

Double drops, why is it the best bow you've ever shot? Quieter? More forgiving? Smoother draw? Positive draw stop? Less recoil? Longer string wear? Fewer mechanical issues?

That's the stuff I'm wondering from someone who has flung a few thousand arrows with one.

The DXT has it all. There is zero hand shock or recoil. I had the Drenalin last season and it was an awesome bow, but the hand shock was noticeable especially if you didn't have a quality stabilizer. With the DXT, you honestly don't have to have a stabilizer to either reduce shock or to stabilize the bow. It's weighted perfectly in my opinion. I was a little leary about it before I shot it with the short ATA, but Mathews really did their homework on it. It really is balanced perfectly to have such a short ATA. I felt that it was absolutely dead in my heads. The draw cycle on the bow is smooth like all the other Mathews products and has a rock solid wall. That is something I don't feel like anyone can compete with at all. Don't lete the short ATA scare you away with forgiveness either. To me, this is the perfect hunting bow: short ATA, super-quiet, fast, & deadly accurate. Also, you get the best customer service out there with Mathews.

I've honestly put over 3,000 shots on mine already & I'm more impressed with it each time I shoot it. Of course, what is perfect for me, may not be perfect for you or anyone else, but I'm 100% satisfied that this is the best bow on the market.

megalomaniac

Great, thanks for the review DD...

If it's quieter and has less recoil than my current bow, I may just take the plunge. I didn't want to shoot the demo bow at the store and leave with a $700 hole in my wallet without hearing some honest reviews.

I'll probably go ahead and test 'er out next week :)

Double Drops

megalomaniac said:
Great, thanks for the review DD...

If it's quieter and has less recoil than my current bow, I may just take the plunge. I didn't want to shoot the demo bow at the store and leave with a $700 hole in my wallet without hearing some honest reviews.

I'll probably go ahead and test 'er out next week :)

If you really want to compare noise level, take your bow & have someone else shoot it & then have them shoot the DXT. You can't appreciate the difference until you step away from the bows. I could tell a huge difference when someone else shot both.

Rickym

It is the finest shooting bow I have ever owned. People can not believe how quiet it is when i shoot. 1 shot and you will buy it. ha ha. Also in my area Hoyt, and Bowtech are as much if not more than Mathews.

W.Seay

After owning 5 other Mathews bows over the last 3 years, the DXT is by FAR my favorite!Everyone has a HUGE misconception that Mathews are alot more $$ than all other bows, I can tell you for a %100 fact that they are not! In fact the bowtechs and Hoyts are more than the Mathews!Mathews is the only bow I will ever own!

Bowdacious

Draw it back keep your fingers relaxed on the grip and then before you shoot it have someone bump it to the side.Just have them push the top limb some. You will be amazed at how it comes back to center on its own.

Latest posts