Any Oneida shooters ??

FOX FIRE

I've always been curious about the Oneida bows, never had a chance to get my hands on one tho, just wondering how fast, quiet, dependable & good they are about staying in tune.

What say you ??

JThuntsalot

I killed my first deer with one. My dad used to own a bow shop and we sold oneida bows. Even back then in the early 90's they was shooting over 300 fps. They are a little loud but the speed will take care of that. Also they are probably the smoothest drawing compound out there in my opinion. Been thinking of getting another one.

Hoss

I own one right now. It is a little loud by todays standards. It draws smooth and has very little recoil upon the shot. The bow is accurate and fun to shoot. They are a little different to tune. But with a little extra effort they are excellent bows. I would tell you that they are very well made bows but then someone will come back and tell you how they heard from some cousin's, boyfriend's, uncle's, brother's, sister's nephew that he heard that the limbs on them blow up every third shot. So I won't bother to tell you I have worked on a bunch of them, sold a few and own one right now and have never had a problem with the bows workmanship or quality. Beause as soon as I do someone will tell you how they just don't measure up to a ____________ (insert the brand of bow here that the next poster owns).

Dale817

I own an Oneida Strike Eagle been shooting it for 20+ years and still going strong,just cant bring myself to part with it.

FOX FIRE

StalkingWolf said:
Oneida "OH I NEED A" Bow

Have you ever owned one or just expessing your thoughts one them ??

I've been a devoted High Country shooter for over 20 years & it would be hard to change but I'd love to take one for a test drive.

oneidabowhunter2

FOX FIRE said:
I've always been curious about the Oneida bows, never had a chance to get my hands on one tho, just wondering how fast, quiet, dependable & good they are about staying in tune.

What say you ??

I have owned several oneida's over the years. Tomkat,H-250,strike eagle and the x-80. They are very smooth shooting bows and at one time they where the fastest shooting bow's. They are not that difficult to work on, but you absolutely must keep them in time with the timing cables. Yes they are noisy especially with the design of the outboard limbs, string slap.

Latest posts