Any Johnn Deere la 105 owners ??

FOX FIRE

My mom bought one from Lowes a couple years ago & its done good untill this year & its been a royal pain since spring, mainly issues with teh belt & pulley system.

After fight'n it all spring I broke down out of frustation & took it to a JD dealer , he told me he wouldnt touch it "if ya bought it at Lowes let them fix it" is exactly what he told me, the next dealer kept it for a week & said they fixed a bent pulley & sent it home, we mowed with it 2 times & its down again with the same problem.

I was curious if anyone else owns one & if they've had trouble out of it.

Paul Burns

The first thing I would look at is the idlers to be free and with good bolts holding them on(not bent or worn). Next look at the drive shaft to be in good shape on the motor, free to turn and not warped. It is the one with both belts below the motor.
Not a expert just my two cents worth. The dry weather has been hard on on the idlers and such--lot of dust, sandy conditions.
Let us know what you find and d good luck.

FOX FIRE

Already replaced one but think'n about replace'n them all just to eliminate that problem.

When the belt shreds it always from the back side of it, only places that contact the back of the belt is a bracket just behind the front pulley that runs directly off the bottom of the motor & 2 idler pulleys on the deck itself.

From what I've heard from one dealer and 2 mechanics that work for dealers is since these mowers are sold by Lowes some/most JD dealers dont want to work on them, think'n this part of the reason mine wasnt correctly fixed at the dealer.

One gent told me he went as far as to tell JD to come & get every mower they had at his facility (& he no longer sells them) because if he didnt get the sales from it he was'nt gonna hassle with repairing one that came from the big box store, and to tell the truth I dont blame him.

Latest posts