Any advice on Units in Kansas to apply for non resident archery deer tag.

hillbilly68

Does anyone have any advice on units to apply for or not to apply for in Kansas? Was hoping maybe someone on here had been there. I am applying next year for the first time and have zero knowledge about Kansas except its on the otherside of Missouri. Thanks in advance.

tellico4x4

Does anyone have any advice on units to apply for or not to apply for in Kansas? Was hoping maybe someone on here had been there. I am applying next year for the first time and have zero knowledge about Kansas except its on the otherside of Missouri. Thanks in advance.
You'll need a few preference points to draw. Use to get in a few units with none but not the case anymore. Archery is the most popular season as it's prime rut. Haven't been there since 2010, so no help on units as haven't kept up with. Friend of mine killed a giant last year somewhere on Nebraska border.

Atchman2

Special Hunt-own-land Bag limit: One (1) buck, doe, or fawn mule or white-tailed deer. This permit may be issued to a resident landowner's or tenant's siblings and lineal ascendants or descendants, and their spouses, whether or not they are Kansas residents, (for example, a grandson and his wife, a daughter and her husband, a parent, or a brother and his wife would be eligible for this permit. A landowner's or tenant's uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, or cousin is not eligible for this permit.) The permit is valid only on lands owned or operated by the landowner or tenant, and may be used in any season with equipment legal for that season. Permits are limited to one per 80 acres owned or operated. Available over-the-counter and online.

I'm going to check into this. I mean we have to pay Kansas property taxes and file income taxes on our farm income. Surely I can blasterate a deer on my family's property?

tellico4x4

It is in the Southwest corner. Unfortunately there is nothing on it. It is just pasture land. My wife inherited it.
Maybe you can hunt elk on it 😁

Latest posts