Any 325 WSM shooters?

hunter0925

Had one, sold it to a member on here (7mm08). I really liked the one that I had and it shot really well. Killed a few deer with it and my first elk.
Positive- good on game performance
Easy to load for with normal wsm type powders (h4350)
Decent ballistics

Cons- very limited bullet selection (loved the 200gr accubond though)
Limited factory ammo options
Limited brass availability.
Fairly stiff recoil for what it is. (Mine was braked so it was no issue.)

7mm08

hunter0925":3b2180zt said:
Had one, sold it to a member on here (7mm08). I really liked the one that I had and it shot really well. Killed a few deer with it and my first elk.
Positive- good on game performance
Easy to load for with normal wsm type powders (h4350)
Decent ballistics

Cons- very limited bullet selection (loved the 200gr accubond though)
Limited factory ammo options
Limited brass availability.
Fairly stiff recoil for what it is. (Mine was braked so it was no issue.)

Nosler makes ammo topped with 200g Accubonds . I have bought several boxes at Sportsman's Warehouse in Redding CA ( northern CA) when I am out there. Brass is available as well thru Nosler. Seems like it's a popular round for elk, black bear there. If you search the round on the internet it's used on grizzly and brown bears in AK.

It has it's fans and haters just like every other round out there. The 325 WSM is actually a .323 . Yes mine has a brake but recoil really isn't that bad which is the strange thing about the 325 WSM. It doesn't punish you like a 338 supposedly. 8mm bullets make nice holes!!

Lost Lake

My cousin has one, a Browning IIRC, and he's killed several elk with it. Recoil isn't really that bad, and it doesn't feel much more than my stoutly loaded 8x57 with heavy bullets. I believe he uses the Accubond as well.

If I was in the market for a Short Mag, it would be my pick only because I'm a big fan of 8mm/.323 bullets.

People might say that bullet selection is very limited, but how many bullets does one really need in a cartridge like this?? I'd stock up on brass, pick either a 200 grain Accubond or Partition and hunt.

If one needs a lighter bullet for plains game and anticipates longer shots and a quicker expanding bullet, Noslers 180 grain Ballitic Tip or Sierras 175 grain Pro Hunter would work well I'd bet.

They sure work well in my Remington 700 8x57 Classic, and hold up to 325 speeds according to my cousin.

7mm08

Lost Lake":3aref98h said:
My cousin has one, a Browning IIRC, and he's killed several elk with it. Recoil isn't really that bad, and it doesn't feel much more than my stoutly loaded 8x57 with heavy bullets. I believe he uses the Accubond as well.

If I was in the market for a Short Mag, it would be my pick only because I'm a big fan of 8mm/.323 bullets.

People might say that bullet selection is very limited, but how many bullets does one really need in a cartridge like this?? I'd stock up on brass, pick either a 200 grain Accubond or Partition and hunt.

If one needs a lighter bullet for plains game and anticipates longer shots and a quicker expanding bullet, Noslers 180 grain Ballitic Tip or Sierras 175 grain Pro Hunter would work well I'd bet.

They sure work well in my Remington 700 8x57 Classic, and hold up to 325 speeds according to my cousin.

I also have some 180g BARNES TSX bullets ready to load. The components are out there.

mr.big

Daddy bought a Nosler 325 WSM and a Cooper 338-06 and wound up selling the 325 and carried the 338-06 out west and killed an elk with it,,,

Tiny

I have all the WSMs n while I like em all..
I rank em myself as 300,325,7n 270
On the 325.. No complaints at all .Win Model 70 New Haven..
Drives Tacks with any of 150grs ,n close to it with 200grs..
175 180s havent been too good at all.

I have tried all of the bullets except 170 SST n 180 GMX.. although have em to do so. n 220s

Early Winchester Factory 180 gr BT n 200 Accubounds. Not sure if they still offer em but dont think they do.. the ABs were good..BTs Junk imo accuracy wise..Never tried the Super X or there other Bonded offering..nor anyone's else for that matter..

I cant recall without my note for sure ..Barnes 160TTSX Got em loaded but not for certain if fried em in the 325 or 8x57.. Which also Drives tacks with all 150 n just about anything else.

Most all the 150 were designed for 8x57 n not the Rem Mag or 325.. speeds for medium game said to be to thin on jacket..however an ol timer here used the speers with devastating result back when it came out..

Myself reason I got the Barnes Mentioned.

I dont find the recoil bad at all but dislike the 7 n 270 for it.. The Quick Slap the 325 Rolling Shove.. the before Hurts the later dont..

I still havent got to the field with it n put some things on the backburner..where its concearned.. I wouldn't hesitate at all to grab it n the 200 ABs n Partions n go bust something,other than paper.

What I see neat about the 8mm 323. is while bullet choice is slim one can try just about all of them ,n not break the bank in doing so..

I do know it's still offered along with 300
in rifles.. ammo is hit n miss n limited.
Cant say on brass..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tiny

Will have to fire my computer up.. 7mm08

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts