Another quick hunt

gobbler32

Had one gobble couple times on roost this morning across a powerline. I made one tree call, he gobbled back. Saw em fly down under the break of a hill on the powerline. I made two soft yelps and waited but not for long. A hen strolled by first then another hen with longbeard right behind her. He strutted across the powerline and I popped em about 25y. He weighed 21lbs, 10 7/8 beard and 1in spurs.

Attachments

• 20210408_065200.jpg
    20210408_065200.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 108

gobbler32

Had one gobble couple times on roost this morning across a powerline. I made one tree call, he gobbled back. Saw em fly down under the break of a hill on the powerline. I made two soft yelps and waited but not for long. A hen strolled by first then another hen with longbeard right behind her. He strutted across the powerline and I popped em about 25y. He weighed 21lbs, 10 7/8 beard and 1in spurs.
Thanks everyone, I enjoy any and every opportunity to chase thunder chickens. If im lucky enough to tag one it only sweetens the pot. Being a completely self taught turkey hunter I have endured many a let down by spooking a silent tom slipping in, calling too much too early and wondering why the bird went the other way tight lipped, missing when I thought there's no way to miss and other bad decisions i still make every season, lol.That being said if I don't ever tag another bird I do know all of the ones I have been fortunate enough to take were earned through dedication, patience(most of the time) and persistence. I still get tore up hearing em gobble and watching them respond to calling, there's nothing like it.