Another phone # question?

rem270

I have heard of people calling the GW's cell phone if they need something or to report a violation. Do the GW's give there cell # out to everyone? Was just curious because if they do i don't see how yall ever get any sleep :D

Isn't their a poaching hotline to call and then someone is supposed to return your call? Or maybe i'm wrong.

strutandrut

I called the regional office about 6 years ago to report a person who caught and kept a fawn. The GW called me within an hour and I gave him the info. He busted the perp and called me back to thank me for the tip. I stored his number in my phone (caller ID). I have since called him twice for different reasons. Both times, he was cool and thanked me. I see him at the checking station a couple times a year and always be sure I check to make sure he still has the same number. I'm sure there are some who abuse them. I wouldn't dare because I know they are busy enough with out frivolous phone calls from weirdo's. :D

Biggun4214

In the days GW's phone numbers were in the hunting guide in was not unusual to get 30-40 calls in a day. Our answering machine had the Region 4 number for information calls. That didn't work, so we took the phone out. Even with cell phones its not uncommon to get 15-20 calls a day. Its hard to even go eat or to the store without people asking questions. My wife has told people that I'm on her time before.

Even the weirdos get access to our cells.

fredfred

*67 is your friend. Every so often a wierdo gets my cell number. The 2nd time they call I advise them that I'll prosecute them for calling again. I pay for my own cell phone and its not for the public.

Latest posts