Another New One from East Tennessee

easttennjed

Hi, escaped from the oppressive NJ and really enjoying east Tennessee! Been reloading and shooting paper for many years along with many squirrels attacking my bird feeders. Looking forward to expanding my skills to deer and turkey. Have 20 acres surrounded by thousands and consistently have 2 bucks and numerous does and fawns in my back very close to my house. Any members close to Rogersville, give me a holler. Looking forward to meeting more like minded folks.

UCStandSitter

I hope you don't think I want to turn Tennessee into NJ, I moved here because I like it not because I want to change it. I'm a Christian first and a believer in our Constitution second. :)
I don't think anything. I just always like to mention it to folks when they move in here. We've had an influx in this state from CA lately. Most of the people moving in here are of the same mind as you. However, we have a lot moving into the Nashville area that aren't.

easttennjed

I agree with your sentiment. I was thinking of getting involved in local politics so an outsider with different views doesn't try and sway people. I would very verbally speak out about the horrors of changing what we have here from experience. Glad your reaching out and trying to keep things the same here. Sorry if I took offense to your comment.

UCStandSitter

I agree with your sentiment. I was thinking of getting involved in local politics so an outsider with different views doesn't try and sway people. I would very verbally speak out about the horrors of changing what we have here from experience. Glad your reaching out and trying to keep things the same here. Sorry if I took offense to your comment.
Hah. I don't care man. Takes a lot more than that to butt hurt me. :)

I know my approach is abrasive. It's meant to be. Usually when you're direct it catches folks off guard and they'll tell you what they are really thinking. :)

Rancocas

Welcome.
I'm another Jersey refugee. However I escaped way back in 1979 when it wasn't so bad there as it is now. Moved around a lot. First, Arizona, then up state New York (bad there too), then Michigan for 14 years. Finally, I retired here to SE Tennessee. Like it here immensely except this town has grown enormously from the pleasant small town that I moved to into a traffic congested small city.

tndave59

Welcome! good to have someone else up here in the north east corner of the state Lol. I'm in Washington county just outside Johnson City. Give me a yell and we can meet up for a cup of coffee sometime. BTW, I believe we've talked over on Hammer forum too, small world.

Chiflyguy

I'm a refugee too but from Chicago. 5 weeks til I put this dump behind.
I wouldn't worry about too much flack from this crowd being a transplant. These guys just like their state the way it is and don't need a bunch of knuckleheads movin in messin things up. Good group of guys here.
I'm gonna be in Claiborne County. Maybe one day we can sit on my front porch, pop open a Coors stubby and make fun of each other's former state and laugh at all the suckers left behind.
I bet your accent is funnier than mine.😀

Latest posts