Another first for me on a rainy morn

tn/kyhunter

So I decided to go hunting in the pouring rain this morn and kinda glad I did. Got in the stand about 10 after 5 his morn and it was raining just a little well as it got brighter the rain got heavier,but after killing a buck in Ky during the rain I wasnt about to leave, I figured I would dry out after I got back home LOL. So about 15 till 7 i decided to start a grunt sequence my cousin showed me, well right in the middle of it i catch movement off to my right, now I'm about 30 ft up a tree so I have a pretty good view of my spot, well I lowered my Bone Collector grunt tube I grab my 308 loaded with silver balistic tips put the scope on his shulder and BOOM we he sucks it up like a champ so I chamber another round and at this times he about 65 yds away he slams into a 3in around white oak sapling at this my scope is back on him and all I can here in my mind is my uncle (from sow belly outfittes in abany ky) telling me if there still moving you keep shootin, lol well i let another one fly and at this time I know beyond a shadow of doubt he aint goin anywhere. havent weighed him yet but my guess is around 200lbs.

HPIM1427.jpg
[/img]

HPIM1430.jpg
[/img]

HPIM1428.jpg
[/img]

tn/kyhunter

well after taking him to the processor, weight was 160 field dressed he estimated 190 with the guts in him, that was a long drag about 800 yds WMA's oughta allow 4 wheelers for recoverys lol