Another Bear, SE Plateau

rifle02

This would be the third instance of a bear on my property in Sequatchie county. It is the second picture. Has anyone else in the Dunlap Tennessee area that you know of suddenly had bears this summer. A friend who is a veterinarian and bear expert tells me it's normal to have young ones roaming in the summer. The first sighting was in May then again in July and now September so I'm wondering if this one is hanging around for a while. I kind of hope not as I understand they can be mischievous.

Attachments

• Resized_image_267855089698546.jpeg
    Resized_image_267855089698546.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 103

Crappieaddict

I've had bears for the three years I've run cameras on my property. Don't leave trash out and bird feeders are gonna get destroyed. Also, I have never personally saw a bear. All are on camera and 95% at night

rifle02

I've had bears for the three years I've run cameras on my property. Don't leave trash out and bird feeders are gonna get destroyed. Also, I have never personally saw a bear. All are on camera and 95% at night
One actual sighting and one daylight camera picture of a small bear picture not the same bear. Last camera picture was at night so hard to tell if the same Barrel or not but I don't think so.

Crappieaddict

One actual sighting and one daylight camera picture of a small bear picture not the same bear. Last camera picture was at night so hard to tell if the same Barrel or not but I don't think so.
I have a few daytime pictures, but not many. It appears that we have two different bears that come around. Other than destroying a couple bird feeders and the pole, they have caused 0 problems for me. Now the wild hogs…..different story there!

Hymie3

Seen a lot of them on my lease in spring city up on the mountain. Turkey hunting three years ago sitting at the base of a small pine facing a food plot with the woods to my back had a 300 lber almost ran over me that came from behind me. It kept going and I kept a close eye on it.

DPinTN

We are in the same area and run cameras pretty much year round. So far I haven't gotten any pics of bears but have seen what I believe is bear scat on our logging roads.

XCR-2

I'm in Rhea county, they're all over here. Get them on my trail cams and also saw one while going to move a stand.

Latest posts