AND.......

Deerbuster1996

After a long wait we have come down to about 48 hours separating us and deer season 2013 (unless you hunt Kentucky).Can't wait, it'll be hard to stay focused at all tomorrow and Friday at school. Getting gear all ready and packed gets me more excited.

BSK

I remember back when opening day of deer season was more exciting than Christmas morning. Getting old really sucks. Takes the "magic" out of life!

Deerbuster1996

BSK said:
I remember back when opening day of deer season was more exciting than Christmas morning. Getting old really sucks. Takes the "magic" out of life!
I'm about a good 10x more excited than on Christmas morning

BSK

Good for you Deerbuster! I hope you never lose that feeling! I remember back when I was in high school, I couldn't sleep the night before opening morning. I would wake up about every hour just to check the clock. Is it time to get up yet? Is it time to get up yet?

Deerbuster1996

School will be hard but I get to paint 2 deer stands for my teacher tomorrow during school so I can keep my mind going so the day will move just a little faster I hope, and I hope you get the feeling of deer season fever BSK.

RidgeRunner13

I hear what your saying brother. I was sitting in a Chemistry lecture today, and I believe I only comprehended about twenty words of what the professor was saying. Tomorrow is gonna be extremely rough. Ten straight hours of class. That's ten straight hours of not paying one bit of attention.

The ScubaCamper

I don't know how y'all do it. I mean, I took a full time class load back in the day, but now I've got a full time job, 2 kids, a house that always seems like it needs something fixed, and taking 2 classes. There is no way in heck I'd be able to take that many classes at once!!

Needless to say, opening day is taking my attention from work AND school!! :)

Redwing

I started a list last week of what to take, unfortunately I'm a loner this weekend. I won't be able to head up to the Cabin until lunch Saturday, hopefully UT traffic won't be too bad.

G_Man

i need to sleep but i cant stop picturing the view from my stands and the big oak trees im gonna scamper up.

MUP

BSK said:
Good for you Deerbuster! I hope you never lose that feeling! I remember back when I was in high school, I couldn't sleep the night before opening morning. I would wake up about every hour just to check the clock. Is it time to get up yet? Is it time to get up yet?

Same here Bryan...I remember times that I just went ahead and got ready and hit the woods, at 2 in the dang morning b/c I just couldn't sleep! :cry:

plinker22

RidgeRunner13 said:
I was sitting in a Chemistry lecture today, and I believe I only comprehended about twenty words of what the professor was saying.
"comprehended about twenty words" in Chemistry Class. That is awesome. Even without the deer opener as a distraction, I remember when I would consider that a very successful day in chemistry. :) ;)

1 day & a wake-up gentlemen!

RidgeRunner13

plinker22 said:
RidgeRunner13 said:
I was sitting in a Chemistry lecture today, and I believe I only comprehended about twenty words of what the professor was saying.
"comprehended about twenty words" in Chemistry Class. That is awesome. Even without the deer opener as a distraction, I remember when I would consider that a very successful day in chemistry. :) ;)

1 day & a wake-up gentlemen!
lol I never said it had anything to do with Chem. Those words include "like, but, um, a, an, etc..." No she started talking about some crazy bonding stuff. So that's when I just copied what she said, but that doesn't mean I heard her. I've done alright until this point about understanding the information, but even if I had been paying attention yesterday I still would've been lost.

RidgeRunner13

The ScubaCamper said:
I don't know how y'all do it. I mean, I took a full time class load back in the day, but now I've got a full time job, 2 kids, a house that always seems like it needs something fixed, and taking 2 classes. There is no way in heck I'd be able to take that many classes at once!!

Needless to say, opening day is taking my attention from work AND school!! :)
This semester is a bit different that last fall. Last fall I had a full load, worked, and still hunted 6-7 days a week. This semester though I've had to take even more hours; I'm not working, but I still couldn't get my schedule to conform to a 6-7 day hunting week. I sure wish I could've though. I have a chunk of property this year that's holding some nicer deer.

BSK

MUP said:
BSK said:

Same here Bryan...I remember times that I just went ahead and got ready and hit the woods, at 2 in the dang morning b/c I just couldn't sleep! :cry:

HA! Yup, been there, done that.

BSK

Deerbuster1996 said:
...I hope you get the feeling of deer season fever BSK.

I don't think I'll get that feeling again after 35 years of opening mornings, but I'm going to get to watch my daughter go through it. This will be her first deer season ever (Juvenile hunt), and it should be fun to watch.

Urban_Hunter

MUP said:
BSK said:

^^^^Done this as well! The way this week has been, probably be repeating it tomorrow night!

Latest posts