Anchor point and covering your ears?

cecil30-30

Over the summer when I went and bought my first compound bow,the guy showed me how to anchor,and it is,by putting your knuckle being you ear.I don't know if this is how everybody does it or not.But,I have found that wearing a boggin or something to keep your ears warm and bowhunting does not mix,well for me it doesn't.On days like today and yesterday my ears froze off just about,but i can't cover them or I am afriad I won't use the same anchor point and be off a little.What do you guys do?Do you just let them freeze like me?

DBLAARCHERY

YOUR NOSE IS A GREAT ANCHOR POINT...BECAUSE YOUR NOSE NEVER MOVES, DRAW YOUR BOW BACK (WITH AN ARROW) AND PLACE THE STRING TO THE TIP OF YOUR NOSE AND THE CORNER OF YOUR MOUTH...I TEND TO SMASH MY NOSE IN A LITTLE BUT THIS WILL GIVE YOU AN ANCHOR POINT THAT NEVER MOVES OR CHANGES...THE ONLY OTHER THING IS PRACTICE...PRACTICE...PRACTICE...

ALWAYS...put on the clothing you may be hunting in during the cold snaps. My bow shoots a little right in summer, and dead on as I put on thick winter coveralls, gloves, face mask, etc., this moves my anchor point a little further right as I pack on clothing. But my bow still shoots on!

Or do as DblAA suggests!

Radar

I touch the string to the tip of my nose , this keeps me from dropping my arm and not bending at the waist when aiming at downward angles . If the string leaves the tip of my nose when aiming down , I am not keeping my form .

LCU

I have a very small kisser button that goes in the corner of my mouth.
It's a foolproof anchor method that works for me.

Latest posts