American Pioneer Sticks

Trapper John

Use loose powder. The sticks are infamous for cracking in the barrel and giving inconsistent ignition. I used the loose powder for years and was very happy with it. I even used it back when it was Clean Shot. It only became American Pioneer after they were sued by Pyrodex.

Trapper John

No. Most go to American Pioneer because it is much easier to clean than Pyrodex and easier to clean than Triple Seven. No where near the same product.

I just quit using it this year because I wanted to try Triple Seven.

decaturhunter

Anyone ever have any problems with serious fouling in the barrel after only a couple of shots? I made sure my barrel was completely clean and free of all lubricants before shooting. I also had one shot where one stick ignited and the other smoked the whole way down range into the target (kind of like an incindiary round). Right now I am not that big of a fan of these, I sure would like to see if I'm doing anything wrong or if these just are not worth the money. Thanks for any input on this.

iowavf

Aren't the sticks odd shaped compared to 777 or pyrodex pellets? If they are the ones I'm thinking about I didn't like that concept so I passed on them. Friend has used the loose for years and really likes it.

AlabamaSwamper

Trapper John said:
No. Most go to American Pioneer because it is much easier to clean than Pyrodex and easier to clean than Triple Seven. No where near the same product.

Only problem is, I can't tell it was any cleaner. They were lying through their teeth on that commercial.

Trapper John said:
I just quit using it this year because I wanted to try Triple Seven.

I love the 777. You will like it much better.

b-model mack

American Pioneer Sticks have never worked for me. The loose powder form has been great. It really cleans up well and just a spit patch and a dry patch every couple of shots has kept me shooting at the range all day. My advise on the sticks is to use an old drugest bowl and hammer and turn them into loose powder.

TNRIPNROR

Let's put it this way if Jim Shocky is trusting his life on it he gonna end up eat by a bear cause they are a lot of problems
with that powder if you want good powder go for 777 Just my 2 cents

Latest posts