Amari McNeill Enters Portal

Spurhunter

Tennessee DL Amari McNeill has entered the portal. Will we miss him? I don't follow recruiting much, but the article I read indicates that even though he was starting to show a lot of promise, the Vol DL will be pretty talented and he played with the 2nd team defense in the Orange and White game.

Bamamonts

I understand why the players want to leave if they think they can start somewhere else or make more money somewhere else but it makes it hard for the team to keep depth at some positions. I know Bama has had some go in the portal also.

JBell

They signed up knowing what kind of talent is there. They just bought their own hype from high school. Either work and get better, or wait your turn. I get maybe 1 transfer. But some basketball players are at a new team every year. They will start plotting and stacking teams eventually like the nba

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Happens everywhere for any or no reason. Kids get upset and they leave. Sometimes it's legitimate, but oftentimes it's petty. I hate it, but we are in a state of almost perpetual free agency, and the NIL Wild West has not made things any easier, either.

UGA has had a few STARTERS leave over the past few years due to playing time… didn't want to rotate because it messes with their stats. Even though it keeps wear and tear off of their bodies, is better for the team, and the school has first-rounders most every year, they figure that the volume is better than the rotation. Happened a week ago with Bear Alexander. Happened with the CB that was openly tampered with by Miami (Tyrique Stephenson, I believe), the DL/DE that went to FSU, and others.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Exactly! You'll have 5 or 6 superstars transfer somewhere just to win a NC.
Or the opposite. See my post above. Some kids don't care about winning, only their brand. Hard to blame them, as college sports AND academics are a big business, so they are also looking out for their best interests, it's just not always grounded in reality or logic

Latest posts