Aluminum bolts

cecil30-30

Anybody shoot aluminum bolts in their crossbows? I don't know of anyone who does,it seems everybody is shooting carbon these days,even me,I shoot carbon,but I had a guy give me 10 new carbon express aluminum bolts.

trealtree

I keep 1 in the quiver for a squirrel arrow. Seriously though, I used to shoot them but they seem to bend easily when you target shoot with them.

smokepolehall

I shoot 2216 alot, so yes i shoot alum. I slso shoot carbon's. I shot 6 animals with carbon arrows this past hunting season. 3 broke into & 3 didn't. Year before i shot 6 animals 3 with alum of which one got bent/ruined & 3 with carbons of which 1 was broke into after the shot.This yr i have 6 2216 fixed up ready fer the season opener & 6 carbons. Imo neither is better or worse than the other. I feel its more of where n what the arrow hits as to wether it breaks or bends or not!

turkeyhunter

I shoot alum. Depends on what the arrow hits after it passes through deer. I have shot deer with no damage to arrows, and I have shot deer and arrow hit a rock or something in the ground.Which ruined the arrow. I have had no problem with targets.

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
I shoot aluminum bolts. I have tried carbon bolts but when I switch from field points to broadheads, the bolts do not shoot even close to the same spot.
I do not have this problem with the alminum bolts so I just stick with them.

Have had no problem with the aluminum bolts bending while either target shooting or hunting.

smokepolehall

I shoot 2216 abit here n there. I also shoot alot of carbon arrows. I think its more of finding a set up thats works out of yer Bow. Several things play a part in getting decent accuracy, mainly vanes/feather with right offset or helical fletch on the arrow. Some BH's like alot of helical others it doesn't matter so much.