Alton Brown's "Sherried Sardine Toast"

TAFKAP

I've only made this once, but I left my lunch at home and decided that making somethign at work would be better than ghetto fast food. My boss loves sardines, but is trying to be more health conscious. I made this today, and he loved it. If you've never heard of Alton Brown, he's an excellent TV personality that teaches people how easy cooking can be. He's my cooking idol.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alto ... index.html

Hawk

What a coincidence. I had my last can of sardines for lunch today. Sardines, hot sauce, mustard, & crackers and a lite beer from Miller.
Thought the wife was going to put me out in the rain. She cares not for them or their smell, but she loves artichokes and when my sardine order comes in I will try that.

Trapper John

I'll try anything by Alton. I've been a casual fan for a while, but several years ago he did his Feasting on Asphalt mini-series and wrote an article talking about how he had an epiphany while cooking, I believe, liver. The people he was cooking for wanted it super well done. He thought to himself, "I can cook this better." He talked about how it hit him that he was being snooty and that they wanted it a certain way because they enjoyed it that way, and the opinions of a "professional" meant little to them.

I wish I had kept that article. It changed the way I did things.

TAFKAP

Hawk said:
What a coincidence. I had my last can of sardines for lunch today. Sardines, hot sauce, mustard, & crackers and a lite beer from Miller.
Thought the wife was going to put me out in the rain. She cares not for them or their smell, but she loves artichokes and when my sardine order comes in I will try that.

The beauty of this recipe is that it's geared towards the "I hate sardines crowd" because the only way they know to eat them is on crackers with mustard or hot sauce. There's not a strong fish taste at all.

Latest posts