Alot of Ducks

tophat

Went yesterday to work on one of our blinds and we have always seen a few early ducks down their.Yesterday the mallards and woodies where everywhere in the bottom.If this is the sighn for this year for ducks going to be a great year.Went to the Ducks Unlimited last week and they told us that they double hatched this year up north. Hope so.

rukiddin

I've got friends that have been out west. One is in colorado and he has been seeing unreal numbers.

Got another buddy that went to SD on a pheasant hunt/bow hunt and he said he had never seen so many mallards in his life. Even the outfitter said the numbers were unusually high this year! The outfitter said the snow geese numbers were way up too. Said he had many clients mad becuase the mallards and snow geese in the fields had messed up a lot of his bowhunters this year!!

Hopefully we will get the right weather at the right times and be in for an incredible year!!

spitndrum

Well since you said this and posted this I have seen more ducks this year than any other but last year I hunted em for the 1st time so I really didnt care to look for em much but Iwould see em occasionally. Its like crow hunting, a crow is heard every day by everyone but you don't pay attention to the sound unless you hunt em and learn what they do lol

wtdhunter1

Sounds encouraging. Drew a blind on old hickory this year. Will be my 1st year waterfowling. Hope to learn enough as I go to make it productive or at least fun...

UpperTully

Im not banking on it being a "hot" year. Unless you have 2 things, food and water to hold the birds.

I know I have both :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

According to the Migration Reports, its not to hot to the north right now. Bordering States along Canada and reporting low numbers and very slow mornings. Then again its still early as well and I think half the people posting on there are inexperienced hunters.

Latest posts