ADVANTAGE BAMA!!

BamaProud

Spurhunter":336x48oi said:
baddnole":336x48oi said:
Every time Bama wins a NC it becomes harder to recruit against Saban.

This is EXACTLY why I am baffled when Tennessee fans (along with fans of all the other SEC schools) pull for bama to win another NC. Just so they can tell their friends "we" won another championship. "We" didn't win anything!!! Bama did and they will only get stronger because of it!

:bash:

I don't know why a fan of a team in any other conference would pull for any SEC team to win, but a fan of an SEC team pulling for another SEC team makes perfect sense. The Better the Vols are, the better GA is, the better Vandy is etc...the better it makes the entire SEC in the long run. The SEC is as good as they are today because so many recruits want to come here to play. Competing daily against the best athletes makes everyone better. There are plenty recruits to go around.

A rising Tide(no pun intended) raises all boats.

BamaProud

baddnole":11tfx8id said:
Saban is still king of the SEC.It only makes HIM stronger. Don't believe that, look at the SEC east. It's an uphill climb for Tenn. Wait for Saban to take all the top recruits. Red Shirt,Grey shirt ,Blue shirt. He can almost stock as many players as the Bear. :tu: :tu:

SEC teams can only sign 25 players each.

BamaProud

TeamMainStreet":6ryz0chq said:
Evade and manuever.

So Vol fans should pull for Bama for the sake of the SEC but you(Bama fan) wouldnt pull for the Vols for the sake of the SEC.

Just say "Im a Bama fan". You will feel better(or worse who knows) about yourself :tu:

I will pull for any SEC team in the NC game. I hope its Alabama every year, but if Bama doesn't make it, I'm pulling for the SEC period.

BamaProud

Zulu":bmn4hxoe said:
Vermin93":bmn4hxoe said:
On a deadly serious note...no decent, normal, self-respecting, non-Bammer isn't pulling for Clemson to win this game.

I'll disagree with you on this one Vermin. As I posted earlier, I had a house-full of college students New Year's Eve and Day -- REAL fans with bona fide ties to their schools, not wanna-be's like most of us. The Ole Miss and UT kids were pulling for Bama in the Cotton, just like the Bama kids were pulling for UT and Ole Miss in the Outback and Sugar. The same will be true Monday night.

Yep, not only would I and do I root for every SEC team in the NC...I pull for every SEC team in their Bowl...all SEC wins help the conference. Some people just seem to hate other teams more than they like their own.

BamaProud

Zulu":3d6makr3 said:
Vermin93":3d6makr3 said:
On a deadly serious note...no decent, normal, self-respecting, non-Bammer isn't pulling for Clemson to win this game.

I'll disagree with you on this one Vermin. As I posted earlier, I had a house-full of college students New Year's Eve and Day -- REAL fans with bona fide ties to their schools, not wanna-be's like most of us. The Ole Miss and UT kids were pulling for Bama in the Cotton, just like the Bama kids were pulling for UT and Ole Miss in the Outback and Sugar. The same will be true Monday night.

Yep, not only would I and do I root for every SEC team in the NC...I pull for every SEC team in their Bowl...all SEC wins help the conference. Some people just seem to hate other teams more than they like their own.

...and there isn't anything "deadly serious" about the game of college football...or any other sport.

PalsPal

Wow BP, six posts in a row?

What is it with you Bammers and making consecutive posts :D ?

To your credit, you were at least responding to different posts.

Spurhunter

Zulu":2s4tmly5 said:
Vermin93":2s4tmly5 said:

Ahhhh. So everyone that doesn't worship at the altar of Saban and alabama are not REAL fans. Just wannabees. I get it. I can tell you those Tennessee fans pulling for bama aren't real fans or they are clueless because when bama wins a NC, it just makes it that much harder for everyone else. The ole miss fans I can almost understand. Almost. At least they can say "we beat the national champs in their house". But, hunting and fishing all over the state of MS and seeing how many bandwagon Updykes live there I don't see how any Ole Miss or State fan can pull for bama.

Spurhunter

Vermin93":3o6zvt7k said:
Regretfully, it sounds like something is not right with those non-Bammer students. I have heard that SEC brainwashing, once administered, is tough to reverse. cur is a good example. Unfortunately, it sounds like those kids may be too far gone to save. I sincerely hope they didn't all chime in with "Roll Tide". If so, it's probably too late...

Agreed.

Spurhunter

baddnole":2aw119t6 said:
harvey-updyke.jpg

I"M NOT BRAINWASHED :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This dude is a CELEBRITY for bammers! They do photo ops with him like he's Joe Namath!

Spurhunter

BamaProud":uqnvudfa said:
I don't know why a fan of a team in any other conference would pull for any SEC team to win, but a fan of an SEC team pulling for another SEC team makes perfect sense. The Better the Vols are, the better GA is, the better Vandy is etc...the better it makes the entire SEC in the long run. The SEC is as good as they are today because so many recruits want to come here to play. Competing daily against the best athletes makes everyone better. There are plenty recruits to go around.

A rising Tide(no pun intended) raises all boats.

Thanks for your intelligent response. Even though I disagree, it's much more thought provoking than "man he sloooow". I can see why bama fans pull for the SEC. When you are on top, the better your conference looks, the better you look. The better the teams you beat play, the stronger it makes you look. But for the teams that recruit against bama, trying to sway a top prospect that's been to UA and held the trophy is tough.

Spurhunter

BamaProud":29fq9w2b said:
Some people just seem to hate other teams more than they like their own.

I suspect this was directed at me. Although I hate alabama and Bandwagon Nation with a passion, I love Tennessee more. We just disagree on whether or not bama winning national championships helps Tennessee.

Spurhunter

Vermin93":ezv4fdqo said:

I agree. If for no other reason, Clemson hasn't won it in years. Domination isn't good for any sport. Would baseball be fun if the Yankees won the WS every year? Or the NFL if the Patriots or whoever won the SB every year? Look at how Nascar has gone from waiting lists for tickets a mile long to begging for fans to come, after Jimmie Johnson won 5 or 6 Sprint cups in a row.

Besides, if Bandwagon Nation is as obnoxious everywhere as they are in west TN, how can anyone want them to have a reason to try to fit another A with a mullet on their 98 Corolla, or buy another walmart T shirt, or another bama flag to fly on the ol single wide?

gator-n-buck

Spurhunter":xv6lhnwd said:
BamaProud":xv6lhnwd said:

I suspect this was directed at me. Although I hate alabama and Bandwagon Nation with a passion, I love Tennessee more. We just disagree on whether or not bama winning national championships helps Tennessee.

Didn't even think that your life revolved around college football..... :rotf: :rotf:

March on my friend..... :party:

Spurhunter

gator-n-buck":cfp78knf said:
Didn't even think that your life revolved around college football..... :rotf: :rotf:

It doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. I just don't live for it 24/7 like you do. And make no mistake, we aren't friends.

gator-n-buck

Kids go to schools for different reasons and its not always about lifting the trophy. Yes, lots of kids want to play in the SEC but not all want to play for Bama. Ya'lls logic doesn't make sense when you consider CBJ làst two classes where in the top 10 and UT was a .500 team. CBJ was able to sign those classes because he needed #s and could promise playing time. Thats why UF will have a top 10 class this season.

Some kids commit because they want to play early, go to the NFL, college is close to home, academics, win N//C, fan of that school, or their girlfriend attends that school. There's many different reason why a player might pick a school and its not always the school that wins the trophy.... :)

Lot of kids want to commit to a SEC team because exposer and the NFL... :)

mtn cur

gator-n-buck":7oqg8371 said:
Spurhunter":7oqg8371 said:
BamaProud":7oqg8371 said:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]he all vol 24/7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baddnole

BamaProud":2gvem6gd said:
baddnole":2gvem6gd said:
Saban is still king of the SEC.It only makes HIM stronger. Don't believe that, look at the SEC east. It's an uphill climb for Tenn. Wait for Saban to take all the top recruits. Red Shirt,Grey shirt ,Blue shirt. He can almost stock as many players as the Bear. :tu: :tu:

SEC teams can only sign 25 players each.

Not exactly true BamaProud. They must only have 85 scholly players in August. They over sign ,ask some to leave and count others toward last years class. Saban is the king of doing this.

Latest posts