A400 or S.B.E

JBell

I would suggest the a400. I had both. After 2-3 years, I got rid of the sbe3. Would also suggest you looking at a maxxus2. It shoots well for me

Adavid

I would suggest the a400. I had both. After 2-3 years, I got rid of the sbe3. Would also suggest you looking at a maxxus2. It shoots well for me
The browning maxxus is a great looking shotgun. I have shopped them but I believe they're discontinued if I'm not mistaken. Don't know anyone who has owned one so I appreciate the input.

cbhunter

The browning maxxus is a great looking shotgun. I have shopped them but I believe they're discontinued if I'm not mistaken. Don't know anyone who has owned one so I appreciate the input.
Maxxus 2 are still available. I'm in the market for a used one. I can't pay new prices

Attachments

• D4EB7619-7955-41A1-A416-2DDC2008E19A.png
    D4EB7619-7955-41A1-A416-2DDC2008E19A.png
    44 KB · Views: 13

JBell

Yea the regular maxxus has been replaced by the maxxus 2. I have both and they shoot well for me. The a400 is a little heavier than the maxxus line. But a good gun. If you decide on a sbe, my personal opinion, I'd stick with the sbe2.

JBell

Say what you want, but I have both maxxus models, I have a new A400, had the A400 before this newest model, 2 browning golds. I owned a sbe3 for 2.5-3yeara before giving up on it. If you duck hunt, and hated the sbe3 like I did, that maxxus2 or A400 is the ticket

Don'tDrinkTinks

Say what you want, but I have both maxxus models, I have a new A400, had the A400 before this newest model, 2 browning golds. I owned a sbe3 for 2.5-3yeara before giving up on it. If you duck hunt, and hated the sbe3 like I did, that maxxus2 or A400 is the ticket
I duck hunt and own 2 gas guns and 2 inertia driven guns and in the conditions that I duck hunt in, I'm taking an inertia driven gun every time.

Dover_Mike

2-Step Enabled
I have a couple semi autos, berettas, benellis, winchesters etc. My Beretta A400 has went through several cases of steel in some pretty raw conditions and never let me down. It is the ultimate work horse in my opinion.

tickweed

Well, my turn. Myself, with a few other buddies run the original sbe. I also shot a sbe 2 and finally wore the barrell ramp out in it. We average 4 cases a season thru em, counting snow goose season. Benelli all the way.

JBell

Gas is more maintenance, and inertia is a great system. I'd like to own a sbe 2. But the 3's are awful. Isn't retay inertia? I think they are slightly cheaper as well. But a cleaned gas gun is very reliable as well.

deerhunter10

My turn. I have benellis and brownings and an old stoeger that won't die. Love them all. Don't own but did shoot a buddies a400 and it wasn't for me. Admittedly not a Beretta guy seen way to many issues with their stuff. But I really like the maxxus. I also love my a5. There are a lot of benellis out there that are just flat shooters if you don't want a sbe3 I own a montefeltro in a 20. I do like the sbe2 better then the 3. I'm an inertia guy but wouldn't hesitate to buy a maxxus. I am in the minority on the a400 as well. Have a family friend with a benelli ethos Cordoba and it may be the best just point and shoot its there shotgun I've ever picked up. With all that said and all that said in this thread have fun making your decision.

Latest posts