A little striped bass action from my kayak.

Canonman

So far I have owned my kayak for a month. Between work and summer school I have only been out three times. So far so good however. Here is an overview on my three trips.

8/6/09
Species: Striped Bass - 20lb and 15lb
Conditions: Generation, clear water, sunny, hot

My first fish from my yak. A nice 20lb Striped Bass.

GetAttachment.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/10/09
Species: Striped Bass - 10lb
Conditions: Generation, clear water, sunny, hot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/27/09
Species: Striped Bass - 22lbs and 24lbs/ 13 Rainbow trout 12-14inches.
Conditions: Generation, clear water, sunny, hot, right before big storm.

My biggest from my yak. A average sized 24lb Striped Bass.

Stiper24lb.jpg

jakeway

I love yak fishing, but haven't connected with a striper yet. Had a big fish pull me around for a while last Saturday, but it straightened my hook (small jig) before I got to see it.

Where do you fish these? Want a partner?

Baxter83

I bet that sucker drug you around like a bobber!! :D

Nice un'! I usually don't catch them that big out of a bass boat with $$$$ in electronics.

Kramer

Very cool!
I'm up in JC on occasion. Next time I plan a trip up, I'll let you know and bring "das boot".
Where are you hunting these down?

J Hartman

jakeway said:
Canonman said:
I am fishing in East Tenn. Always looking for new friends. How far is Hendersonville from Johnson City?

About 5 hours. Darn.

I'll drop you a note next time I go to Greeneville for a few days. Maybe I'll come up early and bring my gear.

2.5 to 3 hours TOPS to johnson city from hendersonville

jakeway

J Hartman said:
jakeway said:
Canonman said:
I am fishing in East Tenn. Always looking for new friends. How far is Hendersonville from Johnson City?

About 5 hours. Darn.

I'll drop you a note next time I go to Greeneville for a few days. Maybe I'll come up early and bring my gear.

2.5 to 3 hours TOPS to johnson city from hendersonville

Maybe if you fly.

My daughter went to ETSU and I frequently travel to Greeneville. No way you can drive that in 3 hours...barely get to Knoxville in 3.

Microsoft Streets and Trips says 5 hrs and 6 minutes, with slightly above posted speed limits and no rest stops.

Canonman

Jakeway I also going to ETSU. I just have 3 classes and trip to Spain before graduation. It takes exactly 4 hours for me to get to the east part of Nashville.

Yea the 24lber took me for a good long ride. Dragged me about 100 yards down stream right betweent two other boats striper fishing, who weren't catching much, so that was pretty cool. One guy was nice enough to take pictures of me fighting to fish and stuff. Can't wait to get that email and post those pictures.

But yea anyone who wants to kayak fish with me I would love to find someone to fish with. I have tons of buddies who I get to fish with but none of them kayak fish. So it would be nice to have someone else to share the adventure with.