Food Plots 9th Inning Swing

tellico4x4

IF it looks like any rain Wed-Thur think I'm going to go ahead & plant the 10 plots that have been ready for two weeks & overseed the ones planted two weeks ago.

With no acorns, the deer have already mowed some of our clover plots to dirt in the past two weeks. Will probably buy another 30 bags of wheat, overseed the clover & drag a chain harrow over to stir them up a little. If it doesn't rain this week, this will be my plan whenever it does...

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Watching the forecast rain evaporate for western Ky.
I feel like the weather forecasters are Lucy holding the football and I have been Charlie B. All year, all year running to kick a ball that is not there!
I like your plan, wheat and annual clovers are in the barn but waiting for moist soil and more rain coming before I do more.

BSK

Not looking great for Wednesday night/Thursday morning, but I'm going to go ahead and top-sow more seed. There's a point where you just have to do something. I see no major rains in the forecast before MZ opener. This will be my last shot to have something green in the plots for opening weekend. Some of the models suggesting possibility of another rain the following Sunday. If I could get 0.5 to 0.6 inches out of the two events, I might get germination.

BSK

Worst part is, tomorrow I have to start throwing around 1,000 lbs of seed in 50 lb bags. Last night my lower back went into spasms and this morning I can't even sit up straight or bend over to tie my shoes. My wife had to help me get out of bed. Can't lean forward to lift the toilet lid.

This is not going to be good.

tellico4x4

Not looking great for Wednesday night/Thursday morning, but I'm going to go ahead and top-sow more seed. There's a point where you just have to do something. I see no major rains in the forecast before MZ opener. This will be my last shot to have something green in the plots for opening weekend. Some of the models suggesting possibility of another rain the following Sunday. If I could get 0.5 to 0.6 inches out of the two events, I might get germination.
Counting on the two possible rain events as well.

tellico4x4

Worst part is, tomorrow I have to start throwing around 1,000 lbs of seed in 50 lb bags. Last night my lower back went into spasms and this morning I can't even sit up straight or bend over to tie my shoes. My wife had to help me get out of bed. Can't lean forward to lift the toilet lid.

This is not going to be good.
That sucks, sorry to hear it.

JCDEERMAN

It's just plain ridiculous. We planted two weeks before I went to Colorado for a two week trip. Been back for 3 weeks now and there hasn't been any rain since planting. That seems like a year ago.

BSK

1600 lb top sowed. I have all but guaranteed no rain. Lol. Lord how mercy my body hurts. Nobody else could get off work. Lol lol.
You got me beat. I only top-sowed 1,000 lbs. But I did mine in the midst of severe back spasms, so I feel your pain.

And now it's pouring! Biggest rain since mid-August.