9.75 clovis

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I posted about this when he found it but thought I would put it up again since I found another link to it.
This is a friend of mine who I TRIED to keep up with walking creeks. LOL he is indeed a master.

I am sure doubters would be all over this one but I assure you it is legit and he has walked no TELLING how many hundred miles before finding this one.

http://missarrowheadhunters.blogspot.co ... tucky.html

Tennrock

WOW, would love to see that one in person. Very rare, especially that size. In 25 years of hunting I've only found one complete Clovis.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
phildidit said:
Steve Hamm now owns this piece

Very cool. :D
I wondered if he ever sold it or not.
Heard a couple of figures that he turned down but never talked to him in person since the find.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
So what kind of figures do you recall him turning down??

That is one amazing piece
I know for a fact he turned down $250,000 at a show in Texas.
I also heard he accepted an offer that was about $220,000 less than that.

Don't know the exact number.
I also heard rumors that he made it but it's hard for me to believe that since it was authenticated twice.

Lots of mystery surrounding it.
Could have been drummed up to protect him as well as the buyer.

DIRTTRAX

I've seen that rock in person and it was impressive however the general consensus at one of the shows he displayed it at was it was indeed fake and that killed that rock. It was already suspicious enough. He sold the rock to Steve hamm for way way less than he was asking. It now resides in Memphis last I heard.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I've seen that rock in person and it was impressive however the general consensus at one of the shows he displayed it at was it was indeed fake and that killed that rock. It was already suspicious enough. He sold the rock to Steve hamm for way way less than he was asking. It now resides in Memphis last I heard.
That's sad. :(

DIRTTRAX

Also that rock hasn't been publicly displayed since that show so that itself screams fake. You know if you owned one of the finest Clovis in the world it would be published in several rock magazine/books but it's not.