Distribution of Clovis points…

Smo

I knew a Guy that claimed too have found 7 fluted Clovis points under one of the TVA power line towers..
He said they were all point down in a small circle with the largest one in the center of the circle…
He claimed all 7 were in perfect condition..

I know he did have some very good finds.👍

Huntaholic

I knew a Guy that claimed too have found 7 fluted Clovis points under one of the TVA power line towers..
He said they were all point down in a small circle with the largest one in the center of the circle…
He claimed all 7 were in perfect condition..

I know he did have some very good finds.👍
I know to look under overhangs, high level spots close to a year round water source, even low gaps and saddles in a ridge, but now youre telling me I need to start looking under powerlines too!

Crow Terminator

Did any of you guys go to the show this past weekend in Grand Rivers? I've started going to some of them including this one...and it amazes me how deep of pockets some people have for this stuff. I'm over here drooling over a museum grade G10 Pickwick a guy wants $1,000 for and people around me looking at Rattlesnake shell gorgets and death masks selling for $60k+. Some points/blades going for over $100k and the people buying them not batting an eye. Lol. That Paleo stuff goes for high dollar...way out of my price range. One thing for sure...rock collectors have deep pockets.

Lost Lake

Did any of you guys go to the show this past weekend in Grand Rivers? I've started going to some of them including this one...and it amazes me how deep of pockets some people have for this stuff. I'm over here drooling over a museum grade G10 Pickwick a guy wants $1,000 for and people around me looking at Rattlesnake shell gorgets and death masks selling for $60k+. Some points/blades going for over $100k and the people buying them not batting an eye. Lol. That Paleo stuff goes for high dollar...way out of my price range. One thing for sure...rock collectors have deep pockets.
It's gotten pretty pricey. There are a couple of collectors who are buying every high grade Paleo and early Archaic piece that they can. A friend has found two Cumberland points in the past six months and one of those guys paid sixty grand for both of them.

I've seen a few of those frames that are no doubt worth over a million each. And he has several of those frames.

Yes, deep pockets and driving the price out of range for all except a select few.

Teacher

2-Step Enabled
I found my first fluted Clovis in April of 1983. Had two friends with me when I found it. I was offered a thousand a couple of years ago for it and I declined the offer. I have two others in a safe deposit box at the bank. One is absolutely a museum grade point and the other is all there but does not have the quality of workmanship the other one has. I am very fortunate to have found these three points as I know folks who have hunted all their lives and never even found a broken base. I have been very fortunate to have found all the Paleo points that I have. The Lecroy is my absolute favorite point with the Dalton close behind it.

TRHC

Not Tn, but my oldest son found one about 3 weeks ago in Madison County, Al. He really doesn't know what he's found. My dad told him he's been looking for 65 years and has never found one.

KTS

Been hunting arrowheads almost all my life. Only Paleo piece I ever found is a Paleo square knife.
Anyone is extremely lucky to find anything Paleo.

Quest for Artifacts

On June 14, 2022, I was hunting the creek by my house in south Davidson County I stumbled on what I first thought was a Dalton but was later confirmed to be a clovis.
294663588_562681325542053_293525443515728391_n.jpg

budro2

Looked this weekend , been a long time and over 50 years since this field been disked
3A30F4F3-4832-473E-959A-2FE336FAC830.jpeg
I first started looking here as a child and found a small portion of a clovis or some fluted point .
Only one I know of to have come from this field , farm been in family for over a century.

budro2

Looked this weekend , been a long time and over 50 years since this field been disked
View attachment 182025I first started looking here as a child and found a small portion of a clovis or some fluted point .
Only one I know of to have come from this field , farm been in family for over a century.
Only thing prettier than a fluted point is a Boone and Crockett!

Lt.Dan

Curiosity about this one. It had belonged to my dad. I got it when he passed. We lived in NY but I know he went to Philmont, NM when he was a kid. I'm not sure where he obtained this, but if anyone wants to speculate I would be glad to listen. The point was broken off. It was on the right side in the picture.
20230619_080227.jpg

Rockhound

Curiosity about this one. It had belonged to my dad. I got it when he passed. We lived in NY but I know he went to Philmont, NM when he was a kid. I'm not sure where he obtained this, but if anyone wants to speculate I would be glad to listen. The point was broken off. It was on the right side in the picture.
View attachment 182831
That's an arena form of some sort made from ft Payne chert so it's from middle tn, north alabama most likely

Latest posts