8" trophy with pics

Buzzard Breath

For those of you lesser men who will probably never catch a 30 pound trout, the mountain streams have been fishing great lately. I caught this trophy and about another dozen or more of his brothers and sisters in about an hour and a half last night, and I still missed far more fish than I caught.
DSCN7231.jpg

I laughed and carried on after catching each one. Little yellow sallies were coming off all evening with bucket loads of them hatching right at 8:30. Have fun out there, because that's what it's about.

CATCHDAWG

Since your from Maryville, you have alot of options, were you fishing the park or Tellico tribs? I love the small creeks in Tellico but haven't fished them since the drought. Would be interested to know how they are doing...

Buzzard Breath

warrent423 said:
Been catchin a bunch of good rainbows up around citico.
Good to hear this. (see below)
CATCHDAWG said:
Since your from Maryville, you have alot of options, were you fishing the park or Tellico tribs? I love the small creeks in Tellico but haven't fished them since the drought. Would be interested to know how they are doing...
I've been fishing the park lately. I normally start fishing down in the Citico and Tellico area when the tourists start showing up at the park. I did fish Doublecamp about a month to 6 weeks ago and didn't get a fish. I might have had 1 weak rise, but it might have been a chub. I camp along it during the deer/hog hunts and it got awful warm and low during the drought.

Edit; Catchdawg, I should have read my emails before posting. A buddy spent Sat & Sun fishing some small tribs around Tellico and said the fishing was great. He didn't think the drought affected the fish as bad as he expected.