6.5 Grendel bolt action rifle

I have a Howa 1500 mini action rifle chambered in 6.5 Grendel I'm considering selling. I bought the barreled action from Brownells and the stock directly from Bell and Carlson. The barrel is 20" long and is their "heavy" model but I can assure you that it's not what I would consider heavy like a Remington 700 varmint profile barrel. The stock is an m40 model with the full length bedding block. It is black with gray webbing. I also added a 20moa picatinny rail. It came with one 5rd magazine and I never added any more.

I shot some Hornady Black 123 eldm factory loads through it and it shot them consistently just under an inch for 5 shots at 100yds. I started to develop a load for it but life got in the way after my first round and I never finished. It showed great promise with 90gr hollow points and 8208xbr in my very limited testing. I hit one node at 2850fps that was right at .6moa at 100yds.

Only reason I'm selling is that I haven't pulled it out of the safe in a couple years and I'm thinning the herd a little. It will come as you see it minus the scope and rings. I can meet in Memphis or Jackson or in between, possibly further east depending.

$750

20231027_191029.jpg20231027_191111.jpg20231027_191138.jpg

Ahuntin1

They make a bottom metal for that rifle? It would make a perfect youth gun without the magazine sticking down. How far are you from Collierville?

There are a couple options out there for hinged floor plates if I recall correctly, although pricey. It's been a while since I researched it. I'm in Collierville nearly every day.

Last edited:

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
There are a couple options out there for hinged floor plates if I recall correctly, although pricey. It's been a while since I researched it. I'm in Collierville nearly every day.
I may also have a DIP bottom metal for the factory DBM for sale soon. It will include 1 modified factory case that holds 3 rounds and fits "flush" to the bottom metal (the base plate lays below it, but nothing else). I like it, but I prefer the hinged floor plate, so I will be ordering one from Jefferson when they come back available soon.

Remi

I may also have a DIP bottom metal for the factory DBM for sale soon. It will include 1 modified factory case that holds 3 rounds and fits "flush" to the bottom metal (the base plate lays below it, but nothing else). I like it, but I prefer the hinged floor plate, so I will be ordering one from Jefferson when they come back available soon.

I did trimmed the mag release, did the 3 round mod and ordered another 5 round factory mag to load and stick in my stock pack.

Flush fit 3 round and an extra 5 rounder to slap in if I don't have it killed out in 3 rounds is pretty handy. I would prefer the bdl flooplate but I've really came around to the 3 round mod.

Great little rifles