55inch Cobia, Big Kings, and Sharks...from a kayak

Canonman

Took my roommate down to Grayton Beach for a 3 day fishing trip. Day one was slow we had a nice 15-20lb Jack and Shark in the 130lb range. We didn't manage to get back out the first afternoon. The second day wasn't much better didn't produce much at all in the morning with perfect weather and seas. After lunch the wind picked up and it began to white cap. We caught bait and took on the rough seas anyway. 30 minutes after we began trolling Neal hooked a nice Cobia. In the middle of the hour long battle I had left my line out while taking pictures and managed to boat a small king in the 10lb range before Neal got even close to beating the Cobia. Finally after a 2 mile drag we had a 50lb Cobia in the boat. We came straight for the day after the fight. Day three was perfect weather and seas. We started out with another shark over 100lbs and hook a dolphin only problem was this dolphin was a mammal not a fish and quickly broke off after displaying some serious leaping skills by leaping 30ft out of the water behind the kayak. After lunch we made plans to hit it hard for a good 6-7 hours and with bait tanks full we lauched one more time off the beach. 2 hours later we had boated 4 kings and decided to head in to clean them and put them on ice. We took the extra daylight time and packed up and go a head start on the drive home.

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

Latest posts