Sold/Expired 48 inch Jenn Air Gas Cooktop Never Used $500

Snake

I'm right there with you…except we'd have to get a new oven too. With 9 wimminfolk in my house, we NEED a 48" cooktop and stove
With all them women you need more than a cook top stove you need a prescription for nerve medication brother. We raised three daughters with one son and me and my son know about females !!! A boy just need blue jeans and tee shirts but girls wow . Females are way more expensive and hormones over-the-top ! I'm sure the way your and your wife is raising them are godly but females will have every boy around wanting to date them. Your job as dad is going to be a constant battle of nerves but from what I know of you your up to the challenge brother !!!!!

gary66

Gas valve has to have some parts changed on a furnace not just the jets, totally different with appliances. simple off and on valve vs electo/mechanical valve.
Kits have what's needed. Been at this for some time (remodeling). Anything can be made to work, people often quote me "I can do that, but it'll cost you" then they laugh. I see something that already doesn't fit 99.9% of kitchens, expect that to just be the beginning. (experience talking)

Things used to be simple, suppliers used to know what they were talking about and have good relationships with distributors, I could get information and count on it, it's not that way anymore. If as I suspect you are involved with appliances you know this already.

Having said the negatives, this cook top really doesn't require a total cabinet redo, just needs some drawer-s (?) removed and enough space to drop in. A 48" cooktop with an existing 30" hole means 18" more is needed. A base cabinet next to stoves can be an 18" with a utensil drawer, there's the room needed. I do similar with the new farm sinks in existing cabinets. We have an 8 burner 2 stove setup here, built a summer kitchen, all the women love it. Put in a 1940-50's gas stove, don't know why, but everything out of that stoves taste like things did as a kid.

Customer just bought a new dryer, has LP. The kit took several weeks and was unavailable till it wasn't, 2 appliance companies showed up and said they can't do it, the third was able... had to disassemble the entire thing. It was never like that before. Think it was an LG.

Put a new slide/in stove during a remodel, the stupid stove height was no less than 36". Try putting in a new floor around existing cabinets with a stove that won't drop below the minimum base cabinet height.

Several soaking tubs now come with 2" drains, find a house the tube is plumbed with a 2" drain, 1.5 has been the norm for longer than I've been at it. Little woman finds her dream tube, if you aren't looking for it the drain won't work. 2" drains are showers.

Refrig. Cabinets (upper) are now 37", used to be 36"...nothing sacred anymore.:) Jenn Air used to be what people wanted but couldn't afford... just saying. Ne nice for the woman who likes to can and prepare large meals.

I know this is way out of line for the classifieds, but it may save someone some trouble.

Latest posts