450 bushmaster

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I had to research a little to see what the big deal was. Evidently, there are states that only allow straight-walled cartridges when hunting with rifles and this round fits the bill. Interesting; I don't know if I'm the only one that did not know that.

Ski

I had to research a little to see what the big deal was. Evidently, there are states that only allow straight-walled cartridges when hunting with rifles and this round fits the bill. Interesting; I don't know if I'm the only one that did not know that.

It's kind of a new thing. States that used to be shotgun slug or ML only have in recent years relaxed to allow for straight wall rifles.

Dennis

I've killed several with a 450 bushmaster. It will get you close to 200 yds MPBR. I didn't care for the Hornady ammo, it seemed to do too much meat damage. I use Barnes loads from Buffalo Bore.

W4CCR

I have a Savage 110 Scout in 450 Bushmaster, with a Burris 2.75x scout scope. I use the Winchester Deer Season ammo. I typically hunt mature timber or areas where timber has been cut within the past 20 years. It is devastating on deer, especially within 100 yards! My only advice would be wear hearing protection if your gun of choice has a short barrel and a muzzle brake. I learned the hard way. Zeroed at 100 yards it drops around 9 inches at 150 yards. For short ranges it is excellent.

CHRIS WILSON

I picked up a Ruger American Ranch in 450 Bushmaster a few months ago. It has quickly become one of my favorite rifles. I've shot a lever action Henry 45-70 for a several years now but wanted something more light weight and something I didn't mind carrying out in nappy weather. It's a surprising accurate little rifle with the right ammo. As a short range cartridge, it should be hell on wheels on whitetail.

Last edited:

CHRIS WILSON

I've killed several with a 450 bushmaster. It will get you close to 200 yds MPBR. I didn't care for the Hornady ammo, it seemed to do too much meat damage. I use Barnes loads from Buffalo Bore.
If you like the Buffalo Bore Barnes load, check out the offering from Bear Creek ballistics.

Latest posts