Smokeless 45/70 conversion

Smokeless

scn

I'm getting ready to buy a 45/70 to convert to a smokeless ML. Just checking to see if anyone has the discontinued CVA Apex in 45/70 that they might be interested in selling. I am up for one that has already been converted as well. Thanks, Steve

jlanecr500

scn":2cqyj3dz said:
I'm getting ready to buy a 45/70 to convert to a smokeless ML. Just checking to see if anyone has the discontinued CVA Apex in 45/70 that they might be interested in selling. I am up for one that has already been converted as well. Thanks, Steve

They are like hens teeth now days. If you don't find one, the CVA Scout is a good option and all I've seen shot very well.

209 primers work but an LRMP module system is worlds more reliable. There are 2 major LRPM systems out there and both work well.

scn

jeff gra":lz6pgx3t said:
Who do you recommend to do a conversion on a scout?

I'm sorry, but I don't know where to send one. A friend shipped mine to someone that had done a conversion for him in years past but isn't offering them to the public right now. Mine was done as a favor to a former customer.

Andy S.

GMB54

Hankins is not doing break action conversions BUT he will sell you one he has converted. So from what ive seen, you can not buy one and send it to him for a conversion. His price is over $900 last i checked.

Jcalder

Fairly certain you can get a complete gun from Hollis as well, without buying the gun to send to him. Just remember it'll have to go thru ffl if you buy a 45-70 from either Hollis or Hankins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMB54

Last i heard is Center Punch is still MIA. Not responding to emails and i know of a guy who still has not gotten his conversion back after a month or much longer of no contact.

He hasnt posted on his FaceBook page since August.....Good Luck

Jcalder

Last i heard is Center Punch is still MIA. Not responding to emails and i know of a guy who still has not gotten his conversion back after a month or much longer of no contact.

He hasnt posted on his FaceBook page since August.....Good Luck
Glad I finally got my stuff back from him. He had my barrels for 2 months or so. Had I not gotten them back before left for vacation in July I would have made a visit. He done good work, but his communication was terrible.

GMB54

The guy on MML just posted he got his back yesterday. He had to shim it because it was cut too deep.

Communication was poor.

Got the barrel back yesterday with a shim in it because of reaming too deep causing primer leaking.

Glad he is getting stuff back to you guys and i understand they had lots of storm damage in that area in late August. The vast majority of guys have been very happy with his work.

Jcalder

The guy on MML just posted he got his back yesterday. He had to shim it because it was cut too deep.

Glad he is getting stuff back to you guys and i understand they had lots of storm damage in that area in late August. The vast majority of guys have been very happy with his work.
Any idea what he had done. Not sure I'd be pleased paying big money for a shimmed barrel.

Latest posts