.410’s Ready

Southern Sportsman

8Td9aBT.jpg

High Standard Flite King K411. Fixed full barrel with a 13/16 oz load of small 9s (405/oz - between 9s and 9.5s). 40 yards.

cbhunter

So I have a dumb question....

I assume the small black dot is the POA. Then I assume that the 10" circle is drawn wherever you can get the highest pellet count even though it's not centered over the POA?

I guess you can tell I'm not a big paper puncher. I make sure that I can hit the head of a turkey within my intended range and roll on.

Nothing wrong with either style so I'm just curious whether or not my assumptions are right lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southern Sportsman

cbhunter":15vd2ato said:

I assume the small black dot is the POA. Then I assume that the 10" circle is drawn wherever you can get the highest pellet count even though it's not centered over the POA?

I guess you can tell I'm not a big paper puncher. I make sure that I can hit the head of a turkey within my intended range and roll on.

Nothing wrong with either style so I'm just curious whether or not my assumptions are right lol

Yes, black dot is POA. I'm shooting to assess the pattern so I draw the circle around the center of the POI. I have a Burris Fastfire on the gun and it's sighted in. But a 4MOA red dot completely covers the small black dot at 40 yards, so I get some play in POI but not enough to worry about. And I really should ave drawn the circle a little to the right anyway.

cbhunter

Southern Sportsman":1xwxct8k said:
cbhunter":1xwxct8k said:

Yes, black dot is POA. I'm shooting to assess the pattern so I draw the circle around the center of the POI. I have a Burris Fastfire on the gun and it's sighted in. But a 4MOA red dot completely covers the small black dot at 40 yards, so I get some play in POI but not enough to worry about. And I really should ave drawn the circle a little to the right anyway.
makes sense, just making sure I understood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts