$400 complete AR

DaveTN

DaveTN

Does anyone have any experience with this website?
I don't know anything about that gun, but I've bought several guns from Grab a Gun. They usually have the best prices and ship within a few days. Just make sure you look through their list of FFL's on file by you, otherwise you get into having to have copies of FFL's sent, etc.

REN

anyone know if that AR is worth having or is it a you get what you pay for? Been looking to get one recently and just looking for something reliable to fun shoot with and learn about (dont know much about AR's as a whole at the moment)

UCStandSitter

anyone know if that AR is worth having or is it a you get what you pay for? Been looking to get one recently and just looking for something reliable to fun shoot with and learn about (dont know much about AR's as a whole at the moment)
Build your own. You'll learn a ton and super simple. Stripped lower, lower parts kit, complete upper, furniture, etc. PSA kits arent bad but you can shuffle around and do better. You will know that gun inside and out by the time youre done

REN

Build your own. You'll learn a ton and super simple. Stripped lower, lower parts kit, complete upper, furniture, etc. PSA kits arent bad but you can shuffle around and do better. You will know that gun inside and out by the time youre done

Ive thought about that but TBH Its intimidating and i wouldnt even know where to start AND I really dont want to spend a lot of money on one. I know shotguns in and out, same with standard rifles but pistols and AR's are just something I feel like a complete noob on lol.

Id like one just to kick around and shoot for fun with the kids and maybe hunt with from time to time. Doesnt have to be fancy and would prefer one not super heavy like some of the ones Ive handled and used in the past.

UCStandSitter

Ive thought about that but TBH Its intimidating and i wouldnt even know where to start AND I really dont want to spend a lot of money on one. I know shotguns in and out, same with standard rifles but pistols and AR's are just something I feel like a complete noob on lol.

Id like one just to kick around and shoot for fun with the kids and maybe hunt with from time to time. Doesnt have to be fancy and would prefer one not super heavy like some of the ones Ive handled and used in the past.
That's the beauty of a build. It really is as simple as watching a YT vid and you end up coming out cheaper that way. You need a cheap set of Chinese punches and a cheap armorer's wrench. Total tool investment around $25. You can likely build a good cheap rifle around $500 mark that will be infinitely better than something off the shelf at the same price point.

Tn_Va_Hunter

Built my own AR pistol about 3 years ago from PSA. Since I've added and changed some things. New brace, forearm grip, etc.. and still have less than $600 in it including the SB3A brace

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
+1 on the build your own. It isn't hard at all, plenty of online resources. I had an ATI 1911. Didn't like it and didn't keep it long. Lots of things seemed off about it and had an awful trigger.

Latest posts