4 wheeler question - no spark

osduck5

I have a 95 Bayou 400 4x4. I have rode this thing for years without the first problem. I tried to crank it last week and had no spark. I replaced plug and cleaned plug wire. It started. Thought I was good to go. Tried starting today again, no spark. Noticed battery was a little sluggish but still turned over engine pretty well. I put charger on battery and hit the starter and it fired up. Does these things require a certain level of voltage before the plug gets fire even though the engine will crank? Sorry so long.

fourwheeler431

That sounds like it is probably the case. Mine will not start if the battery is weak,it will turn over but not start.

Missme

The motor has to turn at a certain pace in order for the componets to generate enough electricty to generate a spark. If it has a pull rope, when the battery is to weak to roll the motor fast enough to make it spark, use the pull rope and it should fire right up. It doesnt have to have a battery to run or start, unless it doesnt have a pull rope. The stator produces the electricty once the motor is turning at a fast enough pace. Not sure I answered the question hope I helped though.

Latest posts