4 stroke making oil

Doecrusher

So last time I was out I idled around side scanning for 3-4 hours and when I went to fire up the motor in a barrel a few days later it's smoking??? Mind you I broke the motor in according to the owners manual and it's usually at wot or little less going from spot to spot... The carb that was on it wasnt wanting to idle right and kept stalling.. I swapped carbs and it's back to running like it should but smokes.. changed oil at 20 hours and now it's a min or two from 80 and it's never smoked... Pretty sure it's from idling around... The oil was a smidge over full and plan to syphon some out and see if it helps... May just change oil now instead of waiting till 100 hours... Anyone ever have this happen from idling???

Doecrusher

Siphoning some oil off helped but still a little smokey... The spark plugs were pretty fouled from carbon so I can only imagine what the rest of engine is like... May try and run the piss outta it 2moro since I added some seafoam... Probably get some ring free when I change the oil...

Tenntrapper

I once heard that idling them a lot can cause them to dump fuel into the oil pan. Personally, I don't see how this could happen...just something I heard. And I wouldn't suspect this to be your problem anyway.