.270 wsm Ammo

String Music

I've been using Winchester 140 gr Accubonds for a few years and have been fairly pleased. I was sighting my rifle in today and they were flying all over the place. I'm thinking about trying the Federal Noslar Partitions in 150 gr and was wondering if anyone had any experience with these rounds or any other round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshDosMil

I didn't shoot mine much when I had it but when I did the best round out of mine was the win ballistic silvertips in 130, I had done a range test with the silvertips , fed fusion, and super x, for what its worth all 3 rounds shot well but the win silvertips were a little tighter. I'm a bit of a headcase when it comes to shooting factory loads so I tend to lean towards lighter grain slightly faster rounds.

Boone 58

The Winchester Ballistic 130 and 150 grain shoot well out of my Model 70 Extreme Weather 270 WSM.

Attachments

• Trophy 2012.jpg
    Trophy 2012.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 2,102

ThorThor

Trying changing the weight. Shoot 130 and 150 grain ballistic tip or federal fusion 150 and see what happens. 140 accubond is the best bullet for the wsm in my opinion, holds together for close range shots - it's moving at 3200 at muzzle

Might check the bases/ rings etc make sure everything is good if it was shooting great. Was it a new box/ different lots can make a difference.