.270 Winchester or Savage?

Model70Man

Depends on what features YOU like on your rifle. We all have our personal favorites, but that doesn't mean that one is better that another.

I love the 3 position safety, Claw Extractor, trigger, and feel of a Model 70. This doesn't mean it's a better gun, just features I like and want on my rifle.

In the end, it's all about knowing your rifle and having the skill and confidence to take your shot. Many rifles are MOA rifles, but there aren't very many MOA shooters.

East TN Hunter

I have owned both.

Savage will most likely shoot tighter groups and have a better trigger. Winchester will cost more and hold a better re-sell value.

jakeway

I spend more time looking at my rifle than shooting it. I just can't get used to the barrel "collar" or whatever you call the thing where the barrel fits the receiver on the savage. The safety on the Savage also turns me off.

Sure the quality of the Savage is great, and it has a great reputation for accuracy, but I doubt I will ever buy one.

Stalker

Marlin XL7... a dime 3x at 100yrds! I still can not get over that!!! a dime is pretty small at 100yrds!

10mm4me

I'D GET AN FNH MADE MODEL 70, I HANDLED ONE AND THOSE IN MY OPINION HAVE BREATHED NEW LIFE INTO THE WINCHESTER NAME, THEY'RE GONNA ERASE THE PRE '64 STIGMA ASSOCIATED W/WINCHESTERS. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL RIFLES AND BASIC GRADES ARE UNDER $600!

Deerhunter

I only shoot two brands of bolt gun. Remington 700's and anything Savage. Had others but keep coming back. And they make a Savage without the barrell collar if that turns you off.

Kimberman

I have 2 Winchesters, and want more. I dont have any desire for a Savage other than the old lever action 99s and a Savage Smokeless.

300 RUM

remington 700 300 ultra mag. will shoot anything and you want have to track it. shot mine yesterday at 1000yds across a canyon in wyoming 3 shots three hits. the guy i was hunting with shot his 270 and never hit the target. also shot a 9pt yesterday at 200 yards he dropped in his tracks. all in all 9 shots with this gun in 2 seasons and nine deer down with no tracking. i have owned a savage 270 and will not own another.

tate

I have had 3 savages all 3 amazing guns that were extremely accurate... I recently got an a-bolt and love it, but it shoots no tighter groups than my savage and was 3x the price... Go Savage you will not be disappointed

Latest posts