.270 Winchester or Savage?

redblood

That comparison is like saying a bmw or a nissan. The savage is a low end well performing gun. It has a rough, crude throw away push feed action. It will work and be accurate, but it is not a well crafted tool which will stand the test of time.the win 70 is crafted on the timeless design of the 98 mauser action. Its silky smooth controlled round feed action is proven and cannot jam because the boltface fully embraces the case head. The walnut on the 70 will be much better as will the checkering and the overall design of the stock. The bluing will be much better on the 70. So will the resale. The 70 is the action in which all bolt guns will be measured against. The savages are just accurate. Ultimately either gun will kill a deer, but for me I enjoy knowing I am carrying a classic gun.

GOHUNT

redblood said:
That comparison is like saying a bmw or a nissan. The savage is a low end well performing gun. It has a rough, crude throw away push feed action. It will work and be accurate, but it is not a well crafted tool which will stand the test of time.the win 70 is crafted on the timeless design of the 98 mauser action. Its silky smooth controlled round feed action is proven and cannot jam because the boltface fully embraces the case head. The walnut on the 70 will be much better as will the checkering and the overall design of the stock. The bluing will be much better on the 70. So will the resale. The 70 is the action in which all bolt guns will be measured against. The savages are just accurate. Ultimately either gun will kill a deer, but for me I enjoy knowing I am carrying a classic gun.

Very well said! And could generally also be used when comparing Remington 700 to the Savage.

Locksley

Model70Man said:
Depends on what features YOU like on your rifle. We all have our personal favorites, but that doesn't mean that one is better that another.

I love the 3 position safety, Claw Extractor, trigger, and feel of a Model 70. This doesn't mean it's a better gun, just features I like and want on my rifle.

In the end, it's all about knowing your rifle and having the skill and confidence to take your shot. Many rifles are MOA rifles, but there aren't very many MOA shooters.

Bad-Bowtie said:
I only shoot two brands of bolt gun. Remington 700's and anything Savage. Had others but keep coming back. And they make a Savage without the barrell collar if that turns you off.

TheRock said:
HenryCohunter said:
Ruger m77 mark 2

Ditto!!! I have the stainless/synthetic stock and it's a great gun!

BUCKBLOOD_HUNTER said:
DEER ASSASSIN said:
remington 700
X2

breeze900rr said:
HenryCohunter said:
Ruger m77 mark 2
Amen!!!

stik said:
i love my winchester.

rescue2087 said:
I use a Winchester model 70 270, it shoots great, and I love it, I also like the 3 position safety.

Well I have some of all these rifles and they will all shoot better than most guys can shoot. I like the Winchester safty, like Model 70 man and I am glad that my Ruger Model 77 in 7MM Magnum has one on it. The Remington rifles are good and so are the Savages . Its the shooter that makes the difference .

buckbstr_1

I have a 300 wsm in savage and I am so proud that I have kept this gun in my collection. I have savages, remington, winchester, ruger and weaterby bolt guns and this gun will out shoot them all!

danny1975

there both great guns , i got a 270 savage and aa 30-06 featherweight model 70. there both accurate and there nothing bad about neigher one of them

A

Anonymous

model 70 270 is a great gun not to say the savage is not. I just have had 2 model 70 270's and loved them. I actually hunt with a ruger 280 now and don't think I would trade it for anything for hunting in TN....

turkinator

i have a savage 110, got it when i was 11, i am 37. Been through a dozen bows, and try to keep the latest and greatest, but still love my old 110

Latest posts