2022 Colt Python

10mm4me

Has anyone else tried one of the new Pythons yet? I love mine! It's smooth as butter and a great shooter!

Attachments

• 91D84CB6-E897-47C9-B86F-4DC3CB65C585.jpeg
    91D84CB6-E897-47C9-B86F-4DC3CB65C585.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 116

10mm4me

Saw one at the local yesterday, gun itself looked brand new but the grips look like they had some age to them…. 1550
I'm not crazy about the factory grips. They are in fact walnut, but the grain pattern and finish aren't my favorite. My grips are ok. The checkering is nice, but again, not my favorite. Easily replaced though! I got mine for $1400 + tax. Off of a local Nashville shop's gunbroker. I think eventually a nice set of stag grips are in order.

10mm4me

I did just find out that Wilson combat has developed a more robust replacement rear sight which will just about make these revolvers perfect.

SSlater

Bought one a couple of months ago as well as a new 6 inch Anaconda. Both seem to be built well but the actions and triggers need some work. I have an "appointment" scheduled for February to mail them to a excellent gunsmith know for his work on Colt revolvers.
That's odd about the triggers. Every one I've felt so far have been great.

I was at a pawnshop in Georgia this summer and they had a new anaconda with an absolutely amazing trigger.

If they made them in 45 Long Colt like the originals, I'd buy one immediately.

Snowwolfe

That's odd about the triggers. Every one I've felt so far have been great.

I was at a pawnshop in Georgia this summer and they had a new anaconda with an absolutely amazing trigger.

If they made them in 45 Long Colt like the originals, I'd buy one immediately.
It has to do with the required "drop test". Both my Python and Anaconda break at roughly 5.5 pounds single action. Others may find that acceptable but not me. I prefer a SA break at 3.5 pounds.
I freely admit to being somewhat of a trigger snob.

SSlater

It has to do with the required "drop test". Both my Python and Anaconda break at roughly 5.5 pounds single action. Others may find that acceptable but not me. I prefer a SA break at 3.5 pounds.
I freely admit to being somewhat of a trigger snob.
We'll that's understandable. The one I handled in Georgia was probably closer to 2.5

Red-Team-98

In the 357 mag anything shorter than 4" you loose to much velocity and the increased muzzle flash is increased. Something that short suggest a good SW Model 60 or 36 in 38 SPL in 2"

Last edited:

SSlater

Don't compare to the hand fitted Colt Python of the past …….premium price for a knock off.
Actually, I think the new one is a better gun. The old hand fitted ones could and would develope timing issues with a lot of shooting. Not many people around anymore know how to properly repair them and parts are getting scarce.

I know nothing rivals the Colt Royal Bluing but if I own one, I'm shooting the snot out of it and if I scratched or damaged that finish, I would cry for days.