2022-23 Tier Draws

WilcoKen

I think last year's Tier 1 online draw started the 3rd week of June. Does anyone know when they are this year?

drake799

Did they change some the way some of the draws are gonna be done? I haven't been keeping up lately but thought I seen someone say they had

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Did they change some the way some of the draws are gonna be done? I haven't been keeping up lately but thought I seen someone say they had
They reverted all Tier 3 and 4 blinds back to Tier 1, kept the Tier 2 blinds, created a few new tier 2 locations, and are doing online draw(for Tier 1 blinds) with in person results/announcement. Don't have to be present to draw a blind, they will still email you if you are successful. Minimum party size for all blind draws is now set to 4(instead of 1). Tier 1 blinds that have no NOI by the required date will be available to claim at the Region office after that date. That's the Cliff's Notes version, I'm sure I left a couple of things out.

WilcoKen

They reverted all Tier 3 and 4 blinds back to Tier 1, kept the Tier 2 blinds, created a few new tier 2 locations, and are doing online draw(for Tier 1 blinds) with in person results/announcement. Don't have to be present to draw a blind, they will still email you if you are successful. Minimum party size for all blind draws is now set to 4(instead of 1). Tier 1 blinds that have no NOI by the required date will be available to claim at the Region office after that date. That's the Cliff's Notes version, I'm sure I left a couple of things out.
Have you heard draw dates for Tier 1 yet?

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Have you heard draw dates for Tier 1 yet?

The application period for the 2022 Computerized Waterfowl Sites drawing will be:

• The application period for season-long sites (Tier 1) will be June 29 – Midnight July 20, 2022 The Notice of Intent deadline is August 15.
  • The application period for the early waterfowl sites is September 28 – Midnight October 18, 2022. The NOI deadline is October 31.
  • The application period for the middle season waterfowl sites will be October 26 – Midnight November 15, 2022. NOI deadline will be November 28.
  • The application period for the late-season waterfowl sites will be November 16 – Midnight December 6, 2022. The NOI deadline is December 19.
  • The application period for the youth/military waterfowl sites will be November 16 – Midnight December 6, 2022. The NOI deadline is December 19th​.

West_Tn

So they did us a huge favor by adding back Blind 118 and 119 Camden bottoms to Tier 1. This is wonderful that they would do this for us. I mean the only reason they went away is because no one has hunted either of those locations in like 15 years 😂

They are adding a new Tier 1 blind location to Big Sandy. Sure just hearing that it sounds like a good idea. But they are putting it in front of Blind 10 on the other side of the tree line. This is going to royally screw up blind 10 and 11. Blind 5 and 12 will suffer too.

They want to keep patting themselves on the back saying they are making all of these decisions to improve opportunities, and improve the over all quality of hunts on WMA's. Last year these decisions completely ruined the 30 field at Camden. It is border line unhuntable. They were told by locals the decisions made would not be good, and they were ignored.

Now this decision, while it won't ruin, Big Sandy it is going to really hurt the other blinds around the new Blind 13 site.

Not to mention they also want to take hunting opportunities away by making the Big Sandy mud flats off limits to hunting and turning it into a refuge. I don't hunt out there, so no it doesn't affect me, but I know several who do when the water is right, and now they will no longer be able to.

TAFKAP

Always Sunny Fx GIF