2022-2023 deer seasons

BSK

If they stick with tradition, the dates would be:

Opening of bow Sept. 24
Opening of MZ Nov. 5
Opening of gun Nov. 19

philsanchez76

Deer seasons always fall on the same weekends every year. But if your looking for WMA dates with early openings and quota hunts, seems like those come out usually in July after the meeting. Someone here usually lists the meeting notes and then the hunting trapping guide comes out shortly after.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
If they stick with tradition, the dates would be:

Opening of bow Sept. 24
Opening of MZ Nov. 5
Opening of gun Nov. 19
Not just tradition, Season opening dates are set by statute, so they always fall on the same weekend.

4th Sat in Sept for archery, weekend before Thanksgiving for Rifle, and two weeks before that for ML.

ERIC

Yeah I kinda know the general dates for the main seasons. I was wondering about the velvet hunt, bag limit changes, etc. Mostly any changes that they might be thinking about making for next year. Isn't it usually around July or so that they discuss all of that stuff and set the seasons?

TN Larry

If I remember correctly, twra will make season change recommendations at the April commission meeting. The commison will then ask for adjustments, etc. TWRA will make the final recommendations at the May meeting and will then be voted on by the commission to set the seasons and bag limits for the next two seasons. You can attend in person and make public comments. The meetings will also be broadcast live.

Latest posts