2010 Turkey season dates...

Grizzly Johnson

This was posted in a thread on TnTurkey, seems the spring season will open a week later...

There are minimal changes to the turkey seasons. Other than creating the 12-day fall turkey season (Dec. 7-18), a few counties saw increases in their fall turkey quotas. The 2010 spring turkey season will run April 3 through May 16 with the Young Sportsman hunt falling on March 27-28.

Some WMAs were opened to statewide seasons. �Giving hunters a place to hunt is what these WMAs are all about,� says Ed Warr, Assistant Chief of Wildlife. �Knowing that a WMA is open for hunting the same time a county is open is a tremendous help for those that do not have private property to hunt.�

megalomaniac

April 3 is the 'saturday closest to April 1', the normal opening date for spring turkey. This year was a fluke with the season opening too early (before gobblers had even started breeding in many locales)

4onaside

I spent most of opening morning this year in the car trying to keep warm by being out of the 25 mph NW wind. And, two of my birds this year were killed the last week of the season, so the later the better for my taste.

Lawrence

I like the early dates myself
It seems when season starts in the last week of March they are less henned up than when season starts the first weeek of April.

Latest posts