#2 put on a show

Smoke

Never heard first gobble until 11. Had a strutter come by with hens in field beside me but he was too busy with his ladies to worry about me. Gave him some time and eased out to leave when I saw he was still in field. Made a move closer to him and started calling. Wasn't long til I heard a gobble farther out than I thought he'd be. It started getting closer and then 2 more birds started gobbling up the hill. Only had 1 little hole above me into field in thicket I was in. Saw this bird coming straight in front of me strutting. A hen comes in behind me and joins in calling and all the gobblers are going wild. Bird in front swings to my left and I can't see him for the thick stuff. He's gobbling and spitting and can tell he's at 20 or less. He finally goes by the one little hole I had in that direction and I cut the 20 loose on him. Went and got him to get out of there before other birds showed up. They were still hammering when I was leaving. 23lbs 5oz, 9 3/4" beard 1 3/8" spurs. That's 2 for me off the farm so I'm done.

Attachments

• IMG_20220420_131845264_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220420_131845264_HDR.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 85