14 min hunt

gobbler32

Roosted him last night, got within 60 yards this morning. This farm they're usually with hens but somehow he ended up by himself. Hit the call and he flew down 40 yards. 11.25" beard

No decoys, blinds, or even a chair to sit in lol
Good deal man, my hunt this morning wasn't 14 minutes but about 45m. Gobbled on roost 5 or 6 times then gobbled 50 plus times after on the ground. I made 1 tree call, 2 purrs after fly down then a soft yelp. Strutted in to maybe 20y. Ole 835 took over and popped his noggin. It was a great hunt for my 95th bird ever taken. Hickman Co.

Attachments

• 20210403_070221.jpg
    20210403_070221.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 70

rem270

Good deal man, my hunt this morning wasn't 14 minutes but about 45m. Gobbled on roost 5 or 6 times then gobbled 50 plus times after on the ground. I made 1 tree call, 2 purrs after fly down then a soft yelp. Strutted in to maybe 20y. Ole 835 took over and popped his noggin. It was a great hunt for my 95th bird ever taken. Hickman Co.
Awesome. Congrats on that many birds. I'm far from that and just got into turkey hunting hard 5 years ago. I love it.

gobbler32

Awesome. Congrats on that many birds. I'm far from that and just got into turkey hunting hard 5 years ago. I love it.
Thanks man , I had some rough and tough seasons when I first started. After many foul ups, mishaps, and other mistakes I started doing a little better . I still make numerous mistakes every season and miss shots by getting wound up and rushing the shot. Nobody is perfect but after a while you finally learn from mistakes and get lucky. One thing that can make you a better turkey hunter is patience. I spooked many, many birds by getting impatient and deciding to move. Another thing that will help you considerably is woodmanship or knowing lay of the property and land features that could be used for your advantage or disadvantage. Hunting a place that has birds is the most important thing, if they aint there it aint happening.

First orda of biness

Thanks man , I had some rough and tough seasons when I first started. After many foul ups, mishaps, and other mistakes I started doing a little better . I still make numerous mistakes every season and miss shots by getting wound up and rushing the shot. Nobody is perfect but after a while you finally learn from mistakes and get lucky. One thing that can make you a better turkey hunter is patience. I spooked many, many birds by getting impatient and deciding to move. Another thing that will help you considerably is woodmanship or knowing lay of the property and land features that could be used for your advantage or disadvantage. Hunting a place that has birds is the most important thing, if they aint there it aint happening.
Yes .... patience, stealth, respect, and instinct. Some folks just have a natural connection to the land and the outdoors. Memories of the good quality hunts stay with you for your whole lifetime. But turkey habitat is vanishing very fast. The season bag limit in West Tennessee must begin to reflect that fact before it's too late in my opinion.

Latest posts