#11 Caps

TennesseeJed

I went to Walmart a little while ago to get some #11 caps. They had 4 tins of Winchester caps and that was it. All kinds of 209 primers and they had 8 AR-15s in the gun rack.

More ARs than packs of caps, who would have thought something like that would happen 9 months ago.

dh1984

yeah tell me about it. i was there at my local wally world and they have went up about 4 bucks on the #11 size caps. and then i looked at the 209 primers and they was 4 bucks higher then what i paid the last time.

Brisco Darlin

i bought quite a few #11's at frontier firearms last year. traditional stuff is getting more scarce all the time. I'm wanting to start casting my own lead balls.

Wobblyshot1

TennesseeJed said:
I went to Walmart a little while ago to get some #11 caps. They had 4 tins of Winchester caps and that was it. All kinds of 209 primers and they had 8 AR-15s in the gun rack.

More ARs than packs of caps, who would have thought something like that would happen 9 months ago.

It's just a sign of the times. Modern muzzle loading hunting is the way most are going and the demand is for 209 primers but not #11 caps. Walmart is just following the money. I can't blame them for that.

I predict it will only get worse for the traditional hunter if you're going to try to depend on Walmart.

ghostfive

Better find local sources if you can cause a lot of places online won't ship anything to do with BP to Tennessee anymore. You can get a truckload of regular ammo shipped to you but not one bullet for a muzzle loader.

I have some 209s left since that is what I need I would hate to have to track down #11s.

caretaker

the real crime is that #11 caps will turn green and won`t fire after a year or so. I have BP revolvers that use #11. Have had caps turn green after 4 or 5 months.

Wobblyshot1

caretaker said:
the real crime is that #11 caps will turn green and won`t fire after a year or so. I have BP revolvers that use #11. Have had caps turn green after 4 or 5 months.

Dang!.....What kind of caps and how are you storing them. I've got caps I know I've had 20 years and they are fine.

Brisco Darlin

Wobblyshot1 said:
caretaker said:

Dang!.....What kind of caps and how are you storing them. I've got caps I know I've had 20 years and they are fine.
x2.
I've got powder that's ten years old and still shoots fine.

Latest posts